Mutual Pause or Extension of an Order

royalflame

Sometimes an order can take much longer than anticipated and a buyer is willing to wait. Why not have an option that allows for both buyer and seller to pause or extend an order for an agreed period of time? I think that feature would be quite useful in my line of work as well as others. It could be something like a request that’s sent from the gig extras section by a seller and the buyer can accept or reject it.

I was just thinking about this feature when I saw this post, because the other day a buyer of my singing gig decided to change a part of the song and offered to extend the deadline because it will take him some time to do it, but I don’t have a way of accepting that offer.

What I think should be implemented is an “extend deadline” button on the buyer’s side, this way buyers that are not in any hurry can make sure things aren’t rushed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was JUST about to create a new topic about this! Good thing I did a little search first. YES, YES and one thousand more YES’S! This needs to happen like yesterday! I can’t tell you how many times I have wished for something like this. A few of my clients aren’t really sure what they want before they place their order and sometimes need to request changes or something just comes up and I need a little extra time.

My biggest reason for sometimes needing to request extra time is when I get a surge of orders in queue! I have a gig that I usually deliver within 24 hours, however if I get more than 10 orders that day, each client still gets a 24 hour timeline, I wish we could have that extend a little based on how far you are in the queue. ORRR we could just have a simple new feature of requesting a delivery extension that the buyer can either accept or decline.

This would make my selling life so much easier and hassle free.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m starting to have a hard time with this too. I hope a feature like this would get implemented some day. It feels like a rip-off sending buyers gig extras for a time extension (getting a buyer to pay for an increase of deadlines is not a good ideal of what a marketplace should be).

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived