How much favorites affect in ranking?

ankitsmart63

Some people claim it has an effect but I don’t know of any way it actually benefits sellers. Favorites are like bookmarks to find a gig that you like and that’s it. Once in awhile you can find favorite collections through Google which has no effect on Fiverr ranking. When I find them on Google the appearance of the collection isn’t appealing so I doubt that helps anyone much.

Just to be clear in case anyone suggests asking for favorites, you can ask buyers to favorite. You can not ask for favorites on the forums as the threads always turn into spam nests so they are not allowed. 🙂

Yes I know it is not public, if it was public, we would’ve all know the tricks and used them in our favor. I’m just saying what I think based on my experience and based on my experience I strongly think that favorites are a factor!

Besides my experience there is a logical explanation. The number of reviews and favorites are part of the website’s code. Fiverr indexes them to count the relevancy of the gig. They wouldn’t be a factor if there isn’t a number of favorites on each gig. But there is, so I think they influence rankings.

I cannot say categorically that favorites affect gig ranking…but I kinda think is one of the factors combined with others that really matter, ratings, response time, quality of jobs, customer satisfaction and I think fiverr staff also have their hands in the rating and They want us to think that all this ranking is been done by algorithm…but I kinda of disagree…when you do some searches yourself…you will see a gig with few ratings appear on the first page and when you scroll down you come across gigs with more ratings…why? …so only fiverr know exactly what and what rank gigs…my one cent opinion…

Yes! That is exactly what favorites are for, just like the kind used by some browsers. It’s a “bookmark” to a gig. They can also be placed in sets called Collections, sort of like keeping them in a folder. Some buyers use favorites a lot to return to gigs they found interesting.

• Like 2