Is Fiverr the best thing that happened to Online Freelancing

akoscreative

Charging less means more people can afford your product. It’s the difference between being Burger King and some fancy French restaurant only rich people can afford.

Fiverr needs BROAD APPEAL. We need all kinds of sellers to find all kinds of buyers. Making sellers pay a monthly fee will deprived awesome people of an opportunity to sell here, not to mention the millions of dollars Fiverr will lose from commissions they didn’t get.

Honestly, why do people criticize Fiverr? Let’s look at hard data.

Fiverr’s global alexa rating is 475 as of today.
Freelancer? 1,488
Elance? 2,984
thumbtack? 5,390

On Fiverr I get orders, on the others I have to bid like a bloody beggar:

“Please kind sir! Hire me! I’m desperate! Hire me! I’ll write your headlines for $15.”

Bah! The others SUCK. Fiverr doesn’t, so why change it?

Would you rather make nothing? The guy that gets a $200 order got it because of Fiverr. Greed? Greed is is getting a $500 ticket for a moving violation. Greed is having to pay the government for a license to sell real estate or insurance. Greed isn’t a platform that lets you make money and then takes a cut. The government doesn’t make me money, Fiverr does, and I will defend their 20% til the day I die.

• 11 months later...

The best for sure.

Fiverr theme is superb

Fiverr changed my life in so many ways. That 20% is okay with me. What a great thread though. Enjoy reading everyone’s thoughts. When I bid, I bid based on how much I value my time and what I can offer. On the note of buyers being turned of by bad sellers, I have had buyers come to me after having 3 or 4 bad experiences. It happens, and buyers seem to grasp in a marketplace, not all the goods are great. Fiverr has lots of great checks and balances to ensure everyone gets a fair shake to succeed.

Guest theeditor3

It shocks me how many people fail to see the picture. Would you pay an accountant $500 if he can get you a $3,000 return? I would. That’s better than the guy who spends $40 on TurboTax and brags about his $200 return.

best comment here lol

best comment here lol

Thanks, “The Millionaire Next Door” opened my eyes about how the rich really spend money, what they value and what they don’t. For example, a lot of millionaires drive used cars, but when it comes to important things like accountants and financial advisors, they don’t care about the price.

I can personally say that I’ve done internet marketing and spent a lot of money without making any profits back. I then stumbled upon fiverr and life changed for me after that.

I think it has made it easier for the person trying to start out. Other platforms don’t provide that. THe 20% fee isn’t bad if you keep in mind that Fiverr does all of the marketing and handles all of the transactions that are processed. It is well worth it.

This is my answer too. It’s not easy, but it also doesn’t require tons of up-front investment, and you don’t have to build any infrastructure or a traffic pipeline either.

It’s a ready-made platform to start earning some money (although not everyone will, of course…you have to do good work and be patient) without digging yourself into a financial hole.

At worst, it’s a very low-risk investment of time. I’m a big fan. 🙂

Archived