Getting a refund

sharonbolt

I bought 2 gigs from someone on fiverr and although the person was really helpful and very nice he just didn’t have the tools in order to do what I wanted. Please can you tell me how to get a refund after the gig has been delivered.

Thank you

Sorry to ask you: if the seller didn’t have the tools to do what you asked, what he delivered to you? Did you contacted him before placing the order, to be sure he could do this job for you?

If I remember well, there’s a link to “refuse” the delivery at the bottom of the order panel: use it and then ask for a mutual cancellation… this could be a way in my opinion.

You can also contact Customer Support, but it takes longer…

Even after the sellers are very helpful, I have experienced that Fiverr has very smartly hide its customer support, resolution centre etc links on the website. They have deliberately made it very hard for people here to cancel their transactions. and even If you happen to get to cancel a transaction, Fiverr will not send the money back to where it came from but keep it with itself to be used for your next purchase without giving you an option. and If you force their customer support team to refund the money to your original source, they would humiliate you to the core by asking you to get the complete transaction detail and much more, just to verify you are you, as if logging in is not sufficient enough or the email address.

I am a very frequent internet user and make several payments on various websites every week. I must say my experience dealing with Fiverr has been the worst of all.

They seem to have no work ethics and the strategies they follow to make more money is cunning but very cheap.

Guest lissa_1

It is unfortunate that some have had bad experiences here. I would encourage you to keep looking here on Fiverr for what you want. From what I have read and seen, many have great experiences. A lot of buyers receive great work at a much reduced price.

It is also unfortunate that there are a few that think that because of the low rates, that little effort needs to be put into their work. This hurts everyone. There are many reliable services and products offered at Fiverr. If people don’t plan to deliver what they offer, they might want to reconsider offering it. If they can’t do they work they should cancel and explain to the customer why they can’t do it. If a buyer is unhappy they should apologize and refund them if possible. Simple, polite customer relations is worth the effort for return business. Repeat business is like Fiverr gold.

That is my two cents.

• 5 weeks later...

Ooh… I had the same thing happen to me. I wanted someone to format a book for me for Kindle, asked her about it before ordering, she assured me she would be able to do what I needed, and then wasn’t able to deliver me anything that actually worked online, and the whole time I was telling her it wasn’t correct, she was begging for positive feedback.

I ended up giving her no feedback at all but told her that she should research her subject a little more before more people ordered from her.

Basically, I lost five bucks and still have a job that is unfinished…

Yes, I agree everyone needs a chance, and I’m also glad I only threw away five bucks. I do hope she has learned a few more tricks of her trade and is able to make her customers happy now.

Archived