The main problems of buyers

dijatul

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find that my regular customers are happy to allow me use their name. It depends on the type of gig though. For writing gigs most buyers are passing the work off as their own so I can understand it being difficult to get them to allow you announce that it is your work. For translation, proofreading and business writing, which are my main gigs, the buyers are more willing to allow me to use their names as they are not pretending the work is theirs.

Maybe it’s because I’m a voiceover artist, but for me it’s not a problem to record a sample. They send me a script, I don’t mind reading a couple lines or maybe a paragraph so they get a feel for my work. I think with visual arts maybe it’s different. I’ve done some graphics and such for my own projects, but if I were to order, I think I’d probably just give an idea of what I want and trust them to do the work, especially if the gig included revisions.

I am just a brand new fiverr-seller and I already had to cancel my first gig as I saw, I should be cheated by an indian buyer.
I offer leaflet distribution, 40 pieces in my neighbourhood. If they want me to go more far away, I need to charge them. Just to cover my costs. I think this is just normal. Nobody wants to pay money to do a job.
Sadly this person didn’t understand at all.
Do we get this kind of people all the time through fiverr?
This is fiverr with fixed prices and not a indian or arabian bazar where you try to get things for as cheap as possible.

Yes I can write Hindi as well. writings that is I learnt it from on my own.But speaking is different. some of my friends were Indian and also where I raised my neighbors all the time watched Indian TV channel. And I some times played that neighborhood and also loved to watch with them. So I think this is the reason.

Archived