Concern about my gig

jdsimpkins

I want to create limericks for people to put on birthday cards or anniversaries or whatnot. Of course I want to personalize it and would need some information. This borders close to personal identity concerns and I don’t want to breach any trust with Fiver. Can anyone think of a way around this? Can I put a disclaimer in my gig description letting people know the dangers of giving out information, thus basically shooting my gig down before it even starts?

A gig like this doesn’t sound like it would need to violate the Terms of Service.

First of all, just to have some basic information for a birthday/holiday greeting would be a normal request for many gig types. It would be the buyer’s choice to give you a first name, for example, and there is no issue with that. You wouldn’t need last names for this which is where it becomes a little stickier. You certainly wouldn’t need contact information which is where the rules really get tough. For personalized limericks you don’t need phone numbers, email addresses, s***e IDs or anything like that.

If for some reason you do intend to ask for something like contact info which would be a ToS violation, you would need to just ask Customer Support for written permission before posting the gig. They do give permission for some gig types like language lessons done on s***e. I don’t think they would give you permission to use with a limerick gig though, since I still don’t think you’d need those. Was there some special information you were thinking of asking for that you think violates the Tos?

Archived