Everyone wants the option to block a buyer. Why doesn't Fiverr?

roskopeeko

The response I’ve seen from some to this matter is ‘just ignore them, they’ll go away’. They might if they are just bugging you via DM - but that’s rare. We’re talking about people who buy from you and give you hell during the transaction and you know they’ll be back for more.

When you’ve had a terrible transaction with someone who you know will return again and again; it’s not the messages in between that are the issue here - we want to be able to block them from pressing that ‘buy’ button; because that’s when the trouble starts. We want to disappear off their radar.

You know from one transaction that they are a client you no longer want to work with and for the sake of work/life balance, Fiverr owes it to us to have a degree of control over our customers.

We are held to ransom to a degree until their review of you drops, so you can’t have those difficult ‘please dont contact me again’ conversations during the process, and you certainly wouldn’t follow up with a message to ask them not to order again after you grinned and bared it all (they’ll re-edit your review).

In the real world you can explain you have to too much on or excuse yourself in a manner of ways before spitting and shaking, but because of the nature of Fiverr, when that little five dollar order drops in from that guy who wants the world and has the manners of a pig, it can ruin a day. And Fiverr should be interested in less ruined days. Please give us a block button.

I’m pretty new here, but the lack of seller protection comes up in every article I’ve read about Fiverr (that’s not written by Fiverr). Not being able to block a rude buyer, not being able to see buyer ratings, not being able to refuse specific gigs, these are all quality of life issues that need to be addressed.

My question as to why doesn’t Fiverr want to block buyers was rhetorical. Yes, I understand the thinking. But this doesn’t mean it should be accepted without making a stand. The fact is, if a buyer wanted me and couldn’t find me, he’d simply toddle off and find the next relevant seller. I don’t think there would be a hit of major proportions to Fiverr. If this ‘community’ speak is to be rendered believable, Fiverr need to look after their community. Where are they anyway? You’d think they’d have one or two guys heavily involved in this forum…

I’m sure there were factory owners who said something similar when people began demanding safety regulations and a manageable work week.

The question of whether or not it has been done is irrelevant. The point is that Fiverr is, by far, the number one business of its kind, and as such should be setting the bar in every aspect of the industry. The reality here is that Fiverr’s customers are the sellers as much as the buyers, perhaps more. That means that quality of life concerns for sellers should absolutely be a top priority.

• 3 months later...

Indeed. I am trying to manage a very complicated buyer. It is true that some of them (fortunately, it is always just 1 in 10 buyers) buys a $5 gig and ask you the world. It is a very complicated experience but you have to manage this the best you can. I am right now trying to finish a gig for him and altough it has been a complete pain in the ass, I deliver always with a smile (:-)). I really don’t know how I can do this (I think it is my experience as a seller in the real world) and then, I will try to explain in a very polite way that I will not be able to do more work for him. This suppose to work. YES we want to sell more, but this kind of buyers just don’t let you… because their unmakeable needs take your time form other orders from buyers who will make the transaction faster and will pay faster. This is the point that Fiverr has to consider.

You can on eBay. I know that’s a totally different “kettle of fish” but you can block people based on feedback, payment method etc. I’ve had 1 or 2 buyers on Fiverr I didn’t have a good experience with (the ones who demand 10 articles within 24 hours and fail to deliver their instructions etc) so I also think the option to block should be there. Just as an option, you don’t have to use it.

True, I also created a post so buyer’s reviews are available. I believe this would help sellers to have a better experience.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum http://forum.fiverr.com//images/default-apple-touch-icon.png

Show buyer\'s ratings

Every time a buyer buys a gig in fiverr he gets a rating from the seller. I believe it would be useful to be able to see the buyer's ratings. I hope you can make this happen.

Archived