Buyer: give newcomers a try

salidarvuelta

Whenever I need to order a gig, I always browse the newcomers first. It reminds me when I was there trying to get my first gigs. Most of the time those sellers will try to give you the best service possible at a very affordable price, because they need the good ratings to thrive. Obviously, a poor gig description without samples indicates lack of interest from the seller, but, seriously, if you find that newcomer with a well drafted gig and no ratings yet, give him a try 🙂

Although, one must be careful. Based upon the profile photos out there, there appear to be a great many “hers” “trying to” make it big here on Fiverr – attractive young “women” who do not match the seller’s listed national flag.

I recommend avoiding those “sellers”. 😉

Good point! Though, I’d say avoid the stock photos of attractive young men in fancy ties as well. I see more “fake women” profile photos than men, but there are still plenty of both. I dislike fake looking profile photos of any gender or ethnicity.

While my “or her” was also added partly in jest, I do get tired of seeing lots of sellers refer to other sellers as “sir” or “bro” or “he” either indirectly or directly as though all good sellers are male. I really doubt that’s what most of them actually think unless they are from cultures that are extremely male-centric. I think it’s more likely in most cases that I’m just being over-sensitive to it. 😃

very good topic… even i do search for lot of newbies while ordering… But i sometimes find it annoying when New Users ask me … your order is ready how do i deliver it to you … So i suppose there shud be a compulsory basic entry level training test … so that users get a feel of all the basics 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on what I need. I have often tried out new users to do certain things. Some have done fantastic work and I buy from them regularly, others have done adequate work but don’t give me a reason to stick with them. If I am taking a chance on a new seller then I deserve to get more for my money otherwise why take the chance? It’s like betting on a horse, I am tempted to go for the outsider because of the better return.
I did this when I started as a seller, offering much more for $5 than I do now - it got me my first couple of reviews and got me started.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived