Getting Buyers N'Sync (in sync) to BUY BUY BUY!

musiclover

I was watching “Chopped” last night and Joey from N’Sync was competing for a charity, so that was the inspiration for my thread title. Lol…moving on.

Some people come to Fiverr with gig ideas already in mind, while others have no clue what to do. Well, this thread is for those who have the slightest idea what to offer. Some people say look at what sellers are doing, while others say offer something you’re good at. Well I say how about a little of both. The beauty of being on fiverr is, you can offer a variety of things and see which ones work the best.

Step One:
Figure out what skills you can offer, what you’re willing to do, and what equipment or tools you have available to help you complete orders. If you need to make a list, do so. Fiverr is not just about skills, so if you don’t have any, don’t worry, you can still prosper here. There are things you can do that buyers can do as well, but they choose not to. So basically they’re paying for convenience. For instance, I know how to change my own oil, but I pay someone to do it, because its convenient and less work for me. Do you see where I’m going with this? 😉

Step Two:
Search fiverr to see how many gigs are similiar to your list of ideas. Are there many? A few? What kind of ratings do they have? What all do they offer? Do they have a video on their gig? Answering these basic questions can help you decide if there’s room for you to get a piece of the pie.

Step Three:
Decide what you can do different and/or better. Put yourself in a buyer’s state of mind. What would you want to see, read, or buy? What aren’t other sellers offering that a buyer would want and benefit from? When you’re first starting out, you may have to offer a little more for less in order to get your foot in the door. But once you do, and you start to move up to level one and level two, you’ll be able to scale back a bit and utilize some gig extras.

Step Four:
Create videos for your potential gigs, create custom gig images or find royalty-free stock photos, and sit down and type up detailed gig descriptions in a word document. Oh, and don’t forget to think about what keywords and categories best fit each gig. Once you have everything together, set up your profile (photo & introduction), and create your gigs.

Step Five:
PROMOTE, PROMOTE, PROMOTE! There are a ton of threads regarding gig promoting so I won’t go into that. But I will say this, utilize the share buttons on your gigs, post classified ads in appropriate sections, and openly discuss what you do. Word-of-mouth referrals can be a powerful source. NOTE: Do Not depend solely on fiverr search or fiverr to promote your gigs. Get out there and make things happen for yourself. If a tree falls in the forest and no one’s around to hear it, does it still make a sound? If a gig is created, but not promoted, does it still make a sale? Maybe that’s a bad example, but you get my point. Lol.

Good luck everyone! I wish you much success! 🙂

-Nakita

Reply to @seemydeath: LOL! Well first I put the pine cone in the blender with a little seasoning. I can use the pine cone crumbs for my eel, put it in the pan with some onions and give it a nice sear on both sides. I don’t know what to do with the swiss cheese, so I just cut it into pieces, make a side salad with a little olive oil and add some citrus for an acid element. LMAO!

Reply to @musiclover: I just checked out your gigs. Pretty cool that QR resume. It’s a shame that is only 5 bucks. Should be 50. I have a company “Push Media” that develops apps for small businesses here in SC. We just did an app for the States Job Search Agency. It’s a place where people go that are on unemployment etc. I think you could possibly get Grant money to offer your services for JOBBANK customers. It would have to be free of charge. But that’s what grant service is for to cover your expenses. But is you didn’t want to wait for a grant. I would leave business cards with the job counselors to pass out to it’s visitors. Just an idea

Reply to @seemydeath: Thank you. I wanted to leave my flyers with the job search bank near me, but they had a sign about no soliciting, so I didn’t try. I’m not sure how would I go about getting a grant. I would like to know though. 🙂

Did you read my response on the another thread regarding your website?

Reply to @musiclover: You know what I did, I made up a banner. I have the psd I can give to you if you have photoshop and you can change it to say whatever. But I figured I would try and advertise my fiverr gig on my website. Ive gotten about 30 or so clicks but no purchases yet. Here is what the banner looks like. Maybe an idea you can use?

Yeah, I think that’s what it’s for. Some image I snagged off the net. I don’t know what I was thinking when I chose that name for my fiverr name. I kinda wish I could change it. I am not a death junkie that is obsessed with death. It’s just a business.

Archived