What's THE ONE Thing U Guys Are Struggling With The Most On Fiverr?

globalyuppie

I was graduated in 2008 and started working in a private company but after few months there was a recession across the world and the company was closed permanently and i was unemployed. My parents took a loan while i was in study and we all are unable to pay money in bank. My friend told me about Fiverr and i was started working on Fiverr and i earned $1000 in three months by doing 9-10 hours working a day. Finally i am an established seller with level two and 94% positive review i made new connections and permanent clients on Fiverr. I think Fiverr is a way where i can establish an outsourcing company with 10-12 employees and make $1000-$3500 per month.

The main struggling issue is when we met some buyers on Fiverr then they need 100% quality work but we all know that there is Nobody 100% perfect in this world so these buyers keep send modifications like 4-5 times and it would take 4-5 days sometimes or might lead to cancellation also. But in this struggling period we have a golden opportunity to learn something and in this time we got a real permanent clients.

Thanks

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. The reason we started at Fiverr is simply the great opportunity the platform brings, both in reach as in quality of clientele.

2. The only struggle we’ve had so far is -as stated before above- the amount of “idiots” active on Fiverr. And with idiots we specifically mean the buyers who are

• not reading your gig description
  • expecting you to turn their businesses into gold
  • being disrespectful (why the hell does Fiverr actually allow conversations to take place in caps lock anyways… ;-))
  • threatening with bad reviews in order to harm your business, even though you know you did a great job.

We so far -as buyers- have not bumped into bad sellers (yet) so we can’t say we’ve struggled there.

I have read all of the posts so far, and I would like to give you all some hope from someone who is on the other side. I joined fiverr three years ago this month and started selling my first five dollar gig. I kept my business small for a long time because I kept insisting that it wasn’t my “real business.”

Now I am a top rated seller who always makes $4000+ a month and has had two $5000 months. My biggest struggle is controlling the amount of orders that I have because even when my gig is turned off, I still get many messages and orders per day. My best selling offer is $105, and I average $1500-$1700 a week in deliveries.

If you have too many “stupid buyers,” change the text of your gig to clarify what people are getting hung up on. Give them examples of what you need to help them understand. Create quick responses to all of your most common questions, so that every time someone asks, you can quickly answer with your premade answer.

If you are stuck doing only five dollar gigs, figure out what you could do to add more value to your gigs. There are plenty of people who will pay more for your work if you can deliver more value and you are good at it. Keep the lines of communication open and work hard to overdeliver for your clients. Ask them for a review when you deliver the gig. Their good reviews will help encourage more people to order from you.

This has gotten long enough, so I will stop now. My other biggest challenge is to get enough time to write a book on how to create a $5000 a month business on fiverr. I need time off from clients to write it, but I haven’t been able to carve that time out yet!

Fiverr is a great platform to earn a full-time living if you stick with it and know how to use it properly. Good luck!

Change your gig to be an amount of work you can do in 5 minutes. $50/hr breaks down to $5 = 6 minutes. At that point, it’s worth the fact that fiverr provides the traffic, the ticketing system, and no fuss payments.

As you add extras, consider the time for each one. That way if something takes longer than expected, you’re still at $25-30/hr, which is worth your time.

I don’t quite understand Fiverr’s refund policy.

I see a lot of sellers post on their gigs that they offer a 100% money back guarantee if the buyer is not satisfied. It is my understanding that Fiverr does not offer any money back unless they cancel their order before the delivery date. Once the delivery time lapses they can’t back out from payment.

From what I’ve experienced, so far, is that a lot of people are still making changes after delivery time has lapsed.

Is there an exceptional term in the Fiverr policy that allows buyers to get a refund after the delivery date?

My struggle is in the beginning if I don’t meet the second mile stone from Fiverr my opportunity to be promoted by Fiverr died & my exposure dropped off the map. I got a ton of Voice over work in the beginning & all 5 star reviews but when I didn’t meet the second milestone of amount of work in two months, everything dropped off. If it were not for the fact that a few clients use me over & over…I would virtually have no work at all. In the Voice Over community there are the ones who Fiverr promotes that seem to gain the lion share of work. Most exposure wins.

I have experienced both the “idiots”, and the ones that cannot read. The ones that also get on my nerves are the ones that order your gig, and either do not respond right after, or log off… when they have not provided any information what so ever. It’s a two way thing.

I have had a lot of trouble with ordering gigs and then finding that I was supposed to email the person first to make sure that they actually wanted to do the gig. I also have had trouble w/ people stating they are native English speakers when they aren’t for writing projects. I actually gave up on Fiverr because this happened to me so many times or people just quit in the middle of the project and left me stuck.

Hi, good people!

First, I need more income, not extra.

Second, I shouldn’t be penalized for necessary cancellations.

I strive to treat these gigs as professionally as a regular full-time career. However, I also want to work at my leisure to manage my health and stress. As a result, I expect people to contact me before they buy because there are times when I have better paying gigs outside of Fiverr or other important concerns that I give preference to. I don’t think we should be penalized when we need to cancel orders for valid reasons. Sure, people could exploit this, but we simply have to trust.

For instance, I sent a recent buyer a custom order. Afterward, something came up. I immediately sent her a message with the word URGENT on the first line requesting that she approve the order in two days. After all, she made it clear from the start that she was in no rush. She completely ignored my message and submitted the order hours later. Fortunately, when I asked her to cancel it, she did. (She claimed that she reported me, although she voluntarily cancelled the order.) I’m not 100% sure if the affects would’ve been the same if I had cancelled it. Is it? Still, if she were ordering a product online and it wasn’t in stock, it’s forgivable. What is for a service?

In summary, I need more money, and until I start making a salary on Fiverr, I will continue to prioritize higher paying gigs, my health, and balancing stress, which may result in cancellations.

Be good to yourselves Fiverrers because few here will!

Guest talha_raja

Well i have started almost two years back in 2014 here and wasn’t able to get single sale and now a week ago (after finishing my 5th semester) i started here again with hope that this time will be different . I was confident and motivated and also well experienced in adobe than before . I started with cheap rates and tough works . Because why anyone will give me his/her work unless i had got nothing on my reviews (sales) .
Now i can see clear path in front of me after getting few of projects and now i can say . Yes , I can succeed here because I stand with myself. And i am much satisfied now 🙂

I have no doubt that you have tapped into something. Not sure what your gig is but in the VO community the competition is crazy & unless you reach the milestones from Fiverr…they either promote you or they don’t. If they don’t…not to much you can do to get more clients.

it is a very great site but i dont know why this site could not give me a big benefit i am doing work on this site from previous 2 years maybe and my gigs could not go to a great place so could not get work
please sport me if you can i am have a lot of hope from this site so please make place my gigs on the top of recomended page or somewhere other
i need sales to much
thanks

Free time + Fiverr, match made in heaven maybe?

Struggling with the most… Wow there’s lots… but the main one would be.
When clients come up to you and kept repeating on the word "Simple"
Kept telling you that the job requires so little time, shouldn’t charge them that much.
Then if you quote them a low price, well… they turn around and bite you with so much change requirements… Then adamant about paying extra… Then the bad reviews… Or the cancellation with the job already done.

Well usually If these come around, would just tell them to go to the next person.
Cause… Hey you’re paying for my time. Not how simple or easy you find that thing to be.

1. I am a university student doing my 4 years course as an Electrical Engineer. 700$ is my fee per semester ( round about 6 months ) . To pay my fees, I came to fiverr and I’m enjoying. Fiverr is a great platform to earn money as well as relationship with every clients whether he/she is good or not, doesn’t matter.

2. Struggling with different problems comes around but patience is the key to get out of those problems in my view.

Thanks!

1. I needed a supplementary income. Primary income not enough to reach necessary goals my family and I are aiming at. In addition to that, I think it is good experience, being exposed to different projects, personalities, and interactions across the world.

2. My greatest challenge is having clients/buyers follow the instructions set out in the gig. Ensuring that the gig descriptions are clear is one way to resolve this - but it sometimes doesn’t make a difference. Some buyers are newbies and not too sure of how things operate and so can be excused - some, on the other hand, don’t care less sadly and just order and send the work to you. Well if fitting the gig I press on, if not I explain the gig expectation again to the client and present options where necessary, including the option to cancel.

But setting instructions for the buyer to message or make contact first is always a good bet when setting up your gig description. 🙂

the most difficult thing for me is getting people to read the ‘gig’ requirements and also to understand if they send me badly recorded, arranged files i can only mix badly recorded and arranged files, ive had one case of verbal abuse and one guy give me a bad review because he didnt reply to a question i asked and the ‘gig’ delivery was late

Archived