What's THE ONE Thing U Guys Are Struggling With The Most On Fiverr?

globalyuppie

I became a seller because I offer a service that is valuable worldwide. I am competent and can guarantee great results.

I get excellent reviews with an average of 5. My struggle is that I would like to receive a lot more business in this gig, and some of the gigs have not even gotten off the ground.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great questions!
My brother told me about fiverr and it seemed like a great place to to put my passion for writing to work. I’ve put a lot of time and effort into writing over the years, making some money from this skill has been really exhilarating!I love the experience that I am getting and the fact that I’m creating a portfolio of work to show potential clients. I also love that fiverr handles payments because sometimes chasing down clients for payment can be difficult and awkward part of freelancing.
I struggle with the normal cycles of business. This summer I was super busy and had to lengthen my gig delivery time (and also decrease my word count) to manage. After being fairly steady for most of 2015 business has been a little slow for me this month, but hoping it picks up again soon.

It’s great for freelance work and/or jobs and has given me the initial boost to one of my businesses.
I’m struggling with the fees and the payout rate on Fiverr…it takes so long to get paid that it truly is like working at a regular 9 to 5.
I also struggle as well with customers who order my gigs first before they read my description and my requirements that I need before I can begin their order. Then we get rated on Cancelled orders and not responding quickly enough to unsolicited custom offers that we didn’t even request in the first place. I have tons of those in my inbox that I can’t even erase but once again my Response Rate suffers because of that.

The dispute redressal systems are not that effective often. I was working at Freelancer.com written some content aoiut which the employer did not respond with any reply for full 2 months. I raised a dispute even then the buyer did not respond. He appeared just 15 minutes before the end time resulting in release of money to me and mentioned 3 words labeling my content crap. I escallated the dispute for which I had to spend $10. I was sure I shall get my money but Freelancer has pro employer behavior in all the dispute cases. I lost my $10 and the money I hadto receive from my buyer. Since then I have stooped working at Freelancer and I have no work to do.

I’m relatively new on Fiverr and very excited by the buyer response to my voiceovers. It can only get better. I’m getting the hang of how to make more money while keeping the basic fee at $5.00. Still doing some tweaking in that regard. 🙂 By the way, check out other successful Fiverr’s to see how they’re doing it. No better way to learn.

Aside from problems with Fiverr itself… lazy, oblivious buyers [clients] is the biggest problem on this system; but Fiverr itself cannot do anything about that. People come here for cheap and easy and expect to pay less than minimum wage for it. That is the nature of all “closed” third party consulting marketplaces.

1. want to sell more and fiverr market place is great

2. Not really sure how some sellers are always on top of listing even if they have less rating. Not at all getting a clue how to get more visibility in fiverr market place. I am here for last 5 years and 99% positive rating still my sales is too low.

Hi, thank you for the opportunity to share my joy and sorrows. I joined FIVERR in February 2015. I sing, spontaneously create songs, and also I help people wrote and published books, mostly children’s books. From my first order I have been rated with 5 stars and 48 posted reviews later, I am still at 5 stars. I love what I do, I know what I’m doing.

Now, the sorrow… the struggle and several FRUSTRATIONS,

1. The biggest frustration is the ATTACH FILE button is hardly available to send completed work. It has caused one of my orders to be marked late because I could not send the file.
  2. Most times. files that are sent by the buyer will not open up.
  3. Most times getting a reading on my revenue takes forever
  4. Oftentimes, getting orders and updates takes forever, it seems
  5. Finding an effective way to communicate my concerns…seems no one is ever home…
  6. There are more, but try solving these first.

Thank you.
Jebruce

i am struggling with getting enough buyers ,sometimes i wonder if persons even get a chance to view my profile
i want to honestly increase my productivity and get new markets every day,like other successful stories on here .Singing is my passion and i thought that going on fiverr i would be able to reach my goal ,but so far it has been very slow and it worries me sometimes

Why I joined Fiverr? To get some extra income and experience in a field I enjoy and I am good at (SEO content writing in Italian).

What are the biggest struggles?

Getting more sales. I simply don't have time to invest in self-promotion on Fiverr. Apart from the basic set up and maintenance of gigs, and the prompt communication with prospects, obviously. I am expecting the platform I use, Fiverr in this case, to do the job for me - proven my track record is good. Which mean getting my gigs the relevance they deserve. Which does not happen, and it's either my fault (quality? But I have very happy albeit few customers), or Fiverr's algorithms and human checks are not properly fine tuned.

I invest in self promotion offline and outside of freelancing platforms. I do not wish to spend time and resources trying to sell a gig through a medium that already takes 20% off sales.

As someone already said... idiots / cheapskates / clueless people. People who don't have a clue on what they actually want/need; people expecting 900 words of high quality content in a specific language for $5; people who cannot provide on a timely manner the requirements I need to complete the job. The list goes on... "Extras" help breaking down services and fees, but buyers often seem to disregard that.

1. i got on fiverr when i realized that i had talents that could actually bring in good part-time income. i mean, where else could i make supplemental income by imitating cartoon characters? 😃

2. i’d have to say it’s those times when my “outside of fiverr” world is all gridlocked with stuff (i perform a solo musical act AND have a day job in addition to fiverr) and all of a sudden i get 25 orders a day. including big orders and express orders! ACK! this doesn’t happen often (thankfully), but when it does, i increase my coffee intake and decrease my sleep time.

1. I joined Fiverr to bring in business I wouldn’t otherwise have. It’s been a wonderful way to market my business in areas of the world I wouldn’t otherwise have an audience. It’s slowly turning into a more profitable business. Most of my business comes from repeat buyers. They try a gig and then want more. I get to work with the cream of the pot - businesses who care about delivering exceptional customer service.
  2. A. I struggle with the 20% that Fiverr takes and the length of time to fund. The more money that is made the less cut Fiverr should take.

B. It’s challenging to work with a client (buyer) that is new to Fiverr. It would be great to have a quick button we can push (like the nudge button) to send a buyer (or seller) information if needed - vs looking up/copying & pasting.

Hi…Thank you for starting this awesome topic. now i can share my feelings… I am struggling with Some buyers who don’t really want to understand that i work very hard to make them satisfy…I don’t think it pain. I respect them and also like to understand them and their problem. it helps me realize their mind, perceive them properly…

While there are several I will focus on just one:

The ability for a client to possibly post a negative review as a tactic to get a FREE gig.

How does this work?

1. The client orders the gig from a five-star 100% rated provider

2. The provider delivers gig as described

3. The client downloads the supplied e.g. video to his computer

4. The client posts a negative review, maliciously, either because he did not read gig description or because he knows gig provider wishes to keep the 100% five star record and will prompt the action in 4b below…

5. The gig provider, who is now at a disadvantage, has two choices

a. Accept the review and move on, posting a polite response to the buyer while understanding his search ranking on Fiverr will (at least temporarily) drop and affect sales.

b. Contact the buyer directly and offer to cancel the gig and refund the client

1. The client accepts the offer to cancel gig in 4b and gets his money back

2. The client now has the finished video file for FREE

3. The gig provider now has to be careful that he does not get too many cancelled orders which affect his ‘quality’ score with Fiverr and could eventually also lead to drop in rankings in Fiverr search results and hence sales activity.

While its true the gig provider could recover over time if simply accepts the negative review ( plus it may deter other nefarious buyers from attempting the same tactic with him as it appears he is willing to accept negative reviews) it does dampen seller enthusiasm when you are selling something for $ $4 (after Fiverr commission).

I would be interested if anyone else on this forum agrees with my analysis above. Have you encountered this?

Regards
J

Hello, I came to Fiverr on the recommendation of several network contacts I have that freelance as well for additional income. The biggest problem I have is that between Fiverr’s fee and Paypal’s fee, I don’t clear enough to make it worth my time and trouble.

Unfortunately, Fiverr has changed the course of “online service” in the marketplace. It use to be that I could get a writing or graphic jobs for a fair amount of $$.
With Fiverr in the in the freelance marketing arena I’m now seeing clients on other platforms quoting nickel and dimes for jobs I use to get a fair and substantial amount.

Plus, Fiverr takes a huge chunk from what little you do make.

On a positive note, Fiverr’s traffic is robust and more people are less hesitant to dive in because everyone can part with $5.

I enjoy the platform itself, generally works well and Fiver reps are amazingly quick to respond.

Buyers are so so. I trust my instincts and if I feel they are going to be a pain in my ass I don’t work with.

Other sellers that offer crap gigs at cheap rates then come to me to do the gigs they can’t!

People not reading gigs and then being surprised when it’s not what they want.

Fivers rating policy, anything under 5 stars negatively affects you.

Oh and I use buyer requests and half the people on there are spammers! Seriously, give me a report button already fiver!!!

Hi there,

Thanks for asking… 🙂

1. Well, when I joined Fiverr it was my studying time, so I thought this is a good opportunity for me to earn some money to pay my education fees while studying at the University. I was going to find a job after that. but now I’m doing this full-time because it is very easy for me, rather than going for a job. Now I’m having a great time while I’m doing this job at home. More extra time for me to do some other stuff too. I met most nice people here.
    I’m still at the beginning stage here but I will get better.

2. The only struggle I have here is finding more customers. I think, though, It’s a common problem to any business.

I would like to know what’s yours? 🙂

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Sarah

Archived