What's THE ONE Thing U Guys Are Struggling With The Most On Fiverr?

globalyuppie

Hi new and experienced Fiverr sellers!

I love the Fiverr forum and our community and have been curious about 2 questions for a long time that I wanted to ask you guys:

1. What was THE MAIN reason you guys became sellers on Fiverr? Or, what made you start selling on Fiverr?
  2. What’s THE ONE thing you guys are struggling with the most on Fiverr (and how are you guys solving it)?

Thanks & I can’t wait to read some interesting answers :)!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good day young lady

To answer your first question:

I wanted to prove to myself and the world that I am a great Internet marketer and I also wanted to help others who have been struggling like I did when I started in the IM field well over a decade ago, using the knowledge I have acquired over the years. My goal now is to prove that I am a great marketer with the help of this magnificent beast they call Fiverr.

To answer your second question:

I recently teamed up with some family members to work on a project which we are certain is going to be the next big thing one day and we attempting to make great use of Fiverr to bring in our clients in. I have decided to just focus on this one gig to help increase the popularity of our new directory. However as with every starting business there will be some struggle in the beginning to prove yourself to potential clients. That right there is what I am struggling the most with on Fiverr. My plan is to combine all of the ingredients perseverance, patience, innovativeness, tenaciousness and persistence into one gigantic but delicious stew to feed this current struggle that I am going through and satisfy its hunger so that I and my partners are eventually fed as well.

p.s. And we are always hungry.

I struggle with idiots. This is not exclusive to Fiverr. But it does pain me sometimes to work with idiots who can’t even find the knowledge to drop a URL when their business is web-based. It’s going to fail, of course. Not my business, but… I have to get a crappy star because of their general ineptitude?

But to answer your questions

1. why not, it’s another channel.
  2. idiots

I’m not hungry. I just want to not deal with idiots. I want to deal with professionals and work on that level.

1. I was unemployed and thought it would be a good way to keep me practicing my craft. I never imagined it would become a career.

2. My struggle is getting orders for my less popular gigs. Right now one gig is the chicken that lays the golden egg, but I need more eggs. How am I solving it? I’m not. I just keep delivering on time while having a refund-friendly policy.

1. Several years ago my friend told me about Fiverr, I thought sure why not, it would be nice

if I can make some extra money on the side. I was already a freelance illustrator/translator so

I thought it wouldn’t hurt to give it a try. Back when I first started I actually was in the middle of my summer vacation, and originally I was thinking I can just put my gigs on hold once summer was over and reopen it every now and then, but since the orders kept coming in, I decided to keep doing it. Even though Fiverr is not my main income, I sure do spend a lot of time here 🙂

2. Like emmaki said, I would say “the idiots” but for me the worst “idiots” are the people who

simply DO NOT read. Do not, or cannot, I don’t know, but they just don’t read.

Sometimes I get the impression they pretend they didn’t read the whole description,

hoping that they can get away with paying just $5 for a $15 gig. 😛

1. I thought it was a brilliant idea for a website

2. I get frustrated that some features are ones that hurt sales in my opinion, while others that have been tried for a few days have been extraordinary for improving sales but were dropped, such as:

a. Having a separate tab in the listings for 24 hours gigs : sales EXPLODED

b. Having various prices for each gig showing on the listings pages where thumbnails are, some gigs $15, some gigs $25 etc instead of all gigs showing as $5 — EXTRAS EXPLODED as people simply paid whatever price was displayed on the thumbnail, but alas that only lasted a couple of days

My dream would be to combine these two features so that under the 24 hours gigs you have the variety of gig prices showing on the thumbnails.

1. I have been thinking to come online for a year now since my offline workload was decreasing because of the crisis in Greece. I chose to stick with fiverr after giving a shot to a couple of other online marketplaces where I had been receiving some income ( here I have barely completed my first order) but I suffered with refund requests from two buyers which were completely unfair and was left solving the issue on my own (bad customer service) which dishearted me. I don’t know what my future with fiverr will be like but, so far so good.

2. Unsolicited custom offers from people I never asked to send me one. I am over a month here and I had already received 7 of them…

I’ve joined fiverr to earn some extra income working as a freelancer

Struggling with getting orders. Constantly changed my gigs, having 99% positive rate, deliver on time, refund policy, keep calm and talk nicely, but still no success, I’m not sure how the fiverr system works and how they promote gigs under “Recommended” tab, but I kept seeing gigs with around 70% positive rate or lower with 50% delivery on time that kept being promoted.

Fiverr has allowed me to access a whole new customer base which was previously unavailable to me. As a musician it also makes sure that I am constantly pushing myself trying to make sense of, and improving (hopefully) other people’s music.

I always try to exceed people’s expectations even with loss leaders…but I struggle sometimes when some folks have wildy unreal expectations about how much time I am prepared to work for a fee that is sometimes, let’s face it, less than the cost of a glass of beer. Not a complaint but just something I struggle to deal with sometimes 🙂

I saw a pin on Pinterest for how to make money from home. Most of the ideas were surveys, dog walking (which isn’t really from home, when you think about it) and things of that nature. When I started poking through Fiverr, I realized that was the best source for income on the list for me, given I already had a bit of OCD and a love for grammar and punctuation. An editing gig fit me perfectly.

I would say that my biggest issue is balancing my full-time job outside my home with my freelance work and family. Trying to accomplish everything while working on merging into a full-time freelance lifestyle is exhausting, but well worth the effort!

Biggest struggle? The fact that there are a lot of dishonest buyers which have learned a single, very dirty trick - all they need to do is contact Fiverr’s tech support and they get a refund, no questions asked, no chance to listen to the seller’s side. We don’t have a say in the matter. You just find out that the order is gone along with the money, regardless of the fact that the service was delivered perfectly fine.

I feel that Fiverr doesn’t give a damn about sellers because of this and I have been taking my business elsewhere lately, even though I’d love to stay here. It simply doesn’t work for me. I sell services that cannot be found anywhere else, take a lot of effort to complete and it breaks my heart when I see my hard earned cash go away just because someone decided to shoot a single message to the customer support. Honestly, I’m even tempted to stop selling, become a buyer and abuse this flaw for big profits, just like many others are doing.

Fiverr should at least introduce some sort of dispute system where a real person from customer support will review both sides of the story and make objective decision. It’s not rocket science, every normal company is doing this. If a dispute system is not viable then at least asking the other party for an opinion, damn it.

I am a homeless and expect small amounts of money by selling my giggs but I have not earned anything. I spent some money on graphics which proved to be utter waste. There is no traffic pouring in of its own. Twitter traffic I used but it did not convert. I badly want to see some sale, which is not happening. Fiverr based programs talk about having multiple accounts and other illegal stuff.

Hello
interesting questions,
for the first one the answer is simple, to make extra money and gain experience by working on different projects.
for the second question, as new here in the website i have the common problem of how to sell my gigs more and more and prove my self as a good seller

finally i wish good luck for every one here including me 😛

Sofiane

1. To make a little extra cash, maybe start a new business down the road??

2. Two things: patience and communication. If you want more work you have to be patient and deliver excellent customer service no matter what. If you can’t this probably isn’t the best line of work for you. Communication and follow up is KEY. I can cite at least 5 of the last 20 jobs I landed from just simply sending a follow up note letting the client know I was still interested.

Guest ndauthorservice

Inadequate, incomplete, and often contradictory documentation vs. what is explained (better) by tech support. TS front desk personnel seem to be the only ones in the system who don’t contradict themselves or system policy… but too often have to deal with this nonsense from other departments.

There is good reason (despite past hype in the Fiverr blog) why so few ‘firms’ try let alone continue for any amount of time on Fiverr. It’s business ethics are poor and do not match its “spin.” Examples need not be cited, as there are plenty examples herein.

Archived