If your impressions are dropping, please read this. [ARCHIVED]

jonbaas

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stats are only useful if you want to use them to help you correct or improve something in your business. I work a lot with google analytics and it’s a great tool, but only when you use it to help you understand what is going on in your business and how you can use that to grow. The key is not to cry or whine or anything of the type. They key is to learn how to use the figures you find (as long as they are accurate :p) to help you learn about your business.

I agree! You’ve also made a fantastic point about the underlying importance of treating your Gigs properly. Thinking of each of your Gigs as a storefront, and professional looking business definitely strengthens it. When I look for a Gig as a buyer it takes me ages… wishing to find level 1 and 2 sellers like myself, trying to find the seller who appears might understand what I’m looking for. Impressions and Clicks aside, it’s how the seller holds and appreciates their Gig that makes me order.

I’d say you run with that message! It’s an inspiration to me, at least.

Cheers!

Just gonna throw in my 2 cents here… I had an account with … I think over 1300 5 star reviews… I shut it down to rename it to this name… I was getting 2-3 messages each day. My gigs were showing impressions of 5k or so… I was making about $800 each month from that account. Its been 3 weeks since launching this one … and every part of this one looks better yet I have only had 1 message sent to my inbox about my gig… and that person was a previuos buyer who was looking for my old account I shut down …

I also brought $160 of orders straight to my fiverr gig… these were people I knew off of fiverr.
My impressions on this account show less than 600…

It seems to me that the numbers make some kind of sense… if I’m not getting impressions by fiverr … guess what … people ARENT SEEING THE GIG. Impressions mean your gig is being shoved in front of someone’s face X times.

In my experience… lower impressions = drastically lower sales/messages in my inbox.

Respond to every message you get once (except blocked ones) even if all you say is “Not interested” or “I’ll get back to you”. Respond as quickly as you can. Even the, response rate is glitch and will go up and down some. Don’t worry about it, your buyers can’t see your response rate.

That’s partly true but in the big picture @jonbaas is giving the ideal info. Even when the numbers work, short term overviews aren’t as reflective as they seem. On top of that, Fiverr stats get reset regularly and don’t always update properly. They get buggy on a regular basis too - that recently happened to over half the accounts and they displayed no impressions for days.

If Fiverr was there yet with highly reliable stats (more like Google analytics numbers) it might mean more. They are still working on it though and many sellers worry about Impressions far more than it’s worth.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived