New Feature Test - Sponsored Gigs FAQ

natalieab

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe if they made it instead of paying by a CPM or CPC basis, they just take a higher cut when someone buys from that ad, 25%-30 (only “pay” for effectiveness), also only allow promotions for level one or higher, as to make quality a thing, will suck for new sellers but if they cant even get up to level one then they need to work harder

Level One isn’t a symbol of quality. It’s based on how long a Seller has been on the site and how many orders they have gotten (or been able to receive). I also notice there are Sellers who are selling ‘buy your Gig’ services as well. Again, it comes to money you spend, or friends you can annoy until they give in and purchase something.

The problem is that there is no good way to define ‘quality’. It’s a subjective interpretation of data.

Plus, I really don’t like the idea of telling customers “I know you asked for this, but we’re going to sell you that.”

I personally think it it looks silly to put ads in search results, because you either have to hide the fact that they’re ads (and frustrate people with what they think are erroneous results) or display it’s an ad prominently (which annoys people). Why not display them in the browse, rather than search? There are many places on this site (that aren’t in the search) to display sponsored Gigs.

I am very interested! Looking forward to getting more details about the funding costs associated and the complete process, in detail if at all possible. I really need to globalize my business and take CLICKS to a whole new level in 2016+. I’m Great at what I do, yet not getting the traffic I see other sellers with less talent getting. I create everything from scratch, while many sellers in the fiverr family are NOT designers/developers at all, but are MARKETERS outsourcing work. If it’s working for them fine…I and Others, Just want a FAIR share of the BUYERS TRAFFIC to run a SUCCESSFUL Online Business. Designers/Developers like myself we should all be able to have bigger workloads and More traffic to our perspective gig. Thanks 🙂

Blessings-Don

P.S. I’M READY FIVERR! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

If sellers need to pay for advertising their gigs, the 20% commission should be wavered off for these sellers. This will make more sellers opt for this service, and it will be a win-win situation for both Fiverr and the sellers.

Moreover, their should be a qualification criteria for this ad service. Just to keep quality intact.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve made this point to Fiverr CS as well. Udemy for example, has one rate if they match a buyer with a course, but a much smaller rate if the author brings their own business.

I justify the 20% as I don’t have to pay for advertising or processing fees. But if I have to advertise, or even promote my gigs outside fiverr, then it’s no longer cost effective. I’d rather just pay to push traffic to my site where the margins are higher. I think it’s bad form to charge me 20%, then another fee to simply be seen. I don’t see how this is equitable.

Just my 2 cents 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived