Found 1 user with 9 accounts, keep your eyes open & keep a Fair Marketplace

dtongsports

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having 11 accounts that do not sell is not nearly as good as having 1 account with quality gigs and good sales/reviews.

I also spotted a seller with 3-4 different accounts, and when I warned other sellers about him and we all reported to fiverr support, all they did was banning his low-selling accounts, but his main account is still open. As long as they earn fiverr decent money fiverr seems to have second thoughts about banning their “all” accounts. Not fair.

Totally agree. Having the same thing happen here. No name dropping in the forum, but trust me, I’d love to bring other sellers into this to see the proof set forth on both offenders because what you just described is how it’s going. Main account still live and kicking as the others are slowly being deleted or suspended. Seller has been doing it for years now and reported before too. Maybe it takes time because with the amount of accounts they have, and the fact that there are probably other security and fraud issues the Fiverr team has to handle, just hate seeing it as I log onto the site multiple times a day and it’s right in front of my face. There should be more monitoring of subcat for things like this but with over 4 million gigs listed, Fiverr is nowhere near staffed enough to handle it all at this point. I can see eventually there being a trust and safety monitor for each category, but right now it’s probably just 2-3 people who work on tickets more than voluntarily scanning the site and accounts for warning signs and gigs that trigger a suspicion.

some people claims they don´t have enough gigs slots and thats why people tend to create extra accounts but 11 its absurd. Another claim is many sellers saying is about niches, so each account should be focused in a specific niche and that´s why probably Fiverr should allow to have more then 1 account, in order to cover multiple niches.

I believe 3-5 accounts should be enough and increasing the gigs limit from 20 >>> 50 gigs , i have times of dificulty to pick what gigs to post, then A-B testing with the gigs, testing descriptions, pictures, tags, etc so 20 slots are quite low.

But its Fiverr rules.

I thought so, and maybe somehow they are getting away with it, but with 4+ million gigs listed and low staff, there is only so much Fiverr can find/see. This post is to make more sellers and buyers aware of this type of behavior so they can help keep the marketplace fair and welcoming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

they deleted many of them for the Radio/Advertising complaint, but the main culprit still has an account which is really the lamest approach to solving the problem. It’ll just keep happening as the same user was deleted years ago only to be back on the platform and start doing it again…

You can’t kill a weed unless you pull it’s ROOTS!

Archived