There has to come a block button!

mariokluser

Sometimes I get stalked by certain people asking for offers but do not attach the file where I can base an offer on. Also they try to fish for my e-mail address etc. and they always sound phony and clandestine.

I really want the possibility to block certain users. Even before they contact me. This is so annoying. I can block people on Youtube and social media. Why not on Fiverr?

Well, even the most annoying users represent potential $$$ to Fiverr, so it’s not in their interest to make such a feature widely available, no matter what 99.99% of users want. Best you can do is report and hope lots of others have and they’ll get kicked. My response rate has gone down today (hurray!) because of a “plz to bye my work, dear” message from a now-deleted user.

I would LOVE to block all these people, and have the ability to manually block them on the workplace as soon as they pop up on the forum so they can’t spam my inbox as well!

You’re preaching to the choir here! I wish they’d implement some of the features we’ve all banged on about for months and years, rather than exciting updates nobody wanted (like the recent change to the analysis page where the graphs went AWOL for a day or two). 20% is a pretty significant cut…

I don’t know. Where is the problem? Most buyers contact me before they order, what I very much prefer.
They send me material of a link so I can have a look and ask if I can do a job for them. If I don’t want to work for this buyer for whatever reason I have an ocean of possibilities to say ‘No’.
Examples:

• I have a lot of orders right now.
  • (I there are no orders in the Fiverr queue) I have a lot of orders at the moment from direct clients.
  • You sent me a legal document, what I don’t translate as stated in the Gig-description, as the tiniest of a mistake could mean a disaster in court.
  • I don’t think I’m the right candidate for your order. I wish you success by finding the right one
    a.s.o.
    The options are endless…

A buyer recently was told no by me and I requested he cancel but he refused. I had customer support cancel the order. He then asked me about it, said he wanted it, and I explained why it was not good for him to order my gig–for the second time. He then said I’m going to order it again anyway and he did just that. So there we were back where we were, starting over again. Some buyers try to force sellers to work against their will, believe it or not.

Archived