Hate Spam?

fonthaunt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don’t know what’s in it (food version!) and you don’t have dietary restrictions, it really isn’t that awful if smothered in some kind of sauce.

I am the pickiest of eaters though, and I don’t eat any kind of meat anymore. I don’t even like to see a can of the stuff. Cheap, plentiful and annoying, just like the digital version! 😃

DEC 28 UPDATE - HEADED TO 2016

I’m going to back this up with $. I’m going to watch the Improve my Gig
category for anyone offering legitimate ideas to help others with their gigs.
Don’t advertise there, just help with ideas. Even if you are brand new, you will see things to help with.

Bad at graphic design but good at marketing? Offer tips on someone’s tags or title. Bad at video but good at written English? Help with someone’s spelling. You get the idea.

I’m going to pick at least one person (any level 0 to all) from the helpers and buy a gig from them. If I get delivery as promised, I’ll leave a stellar review. EXTRA consideration for responses to posts that have no responses yet or few helpful responses. Spammers will not be considered. I’ll start watching right now! 🙂

I’ve actually done this type of thing twice (different incentive types) and surprisingly, I haven’t had much trouble. I always set up a canned response in preparation anytime I do one of these “contests” so it isn’t too hard to manage if I get a few.

I see so many people begging for orders. The first time I put out a list in My Fiverr Gigs, stated what kinds of gigs I wanted to buy, offered to buy up to 5 gigs from sellers that had 0 sales, and openly invited people to pitch me their gigs. I also said they were out if they offered me social media gigs, traffic gigs, or had stock photo profile pics.

I got almost no response at all. I got 3 pitches from actual level 0 sellers. I got a few PM’s asking me to buy social media gigs which got reported. Out of the 3 pitches, 1 had a stock photo and fake country, so I skipped that one and bought the other two. They did all right.

I never did buy more because no one even tried to take my money. My second time was a little more effective and I got some good stuff. I like to offer incentives when I want help, and I actually want some services, so I thought I’d try a new way. We shall see if it does anything. 🙂

Great! I hope to see you helping others out in Improve my Gigs where I’m hoping to see some responses. We all need help at times, but we all can also think of good ideas for others. I haven’t been able to catch up today, but I’m headed that way soon.

Update: I bought a gig from one helper but I see you and several others helping. I’m planning to look for at least one more. In fact, for fun, I might buy 1 of each by picking a level 0, a level 1, a level 2 and a TRS. Thanks for helping, everyone!

Archived