Edit/remove bad feedback that sellers ask you to do!

peje2014

Good day,

I have big problem since yesterday on 11th with one gig and never had problems with others. I gave the seller the redirection link but he changed to another link that comes from the link I sent to seller.

So I cancelled quickly and still have one day left to dispute. But he seems can not read english or understand what I am trying to tell the seller. I spent $11 dollars. And seller
already set it up and running which I will not get credit for it. I told seller over and over
til no available to get sellers attention.

I have never give any seller bad feedback or few stars. If this seller won’t give me money back, I have no choice but give him 0 stars till seller fix it. No wonder the seller is from India.

Any suggestions what I should do is welcome to post. Thanks.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agreed. Some buyer makes a trend out of it so they give bad reviews so the seller will cancel that way they get the money and the job was done. Because less than 4 stars you lose your badge.

I do the same my work is of great quality. if there needs changes I am happy to do the revisions. But a bad review for something I do not deserve I do not tolerate.
In this aspect Fiverr should do something to protect the sellers. I always feel that they support more for buyers and that is very bias.

I like reading bad to average reviews. I don’t think any seller is perfect and I want to see their possible flaws. Some bad reviews are just lame and can be thrown out because seriously people will complain about anything. Other bad reviews, you can look at and realize that maybe that person did not express their entire needs. Other bad reviews that maybe have a consistency will hold more ground. Here are a few consistent bad reviews I saw I on a seller’s site: “poor communication”, “didn’t read specifications”, “quality of work did not match gigs.”

After my recent experience with a seller, they sent me their work with a note attached to it explaining a few things that I did not quite understand. I wrote back with the following question: “Would you clarify or perhaps give more details on what you mean? I am a little confused.” Their response was “YOU are being a difficult person. I cancel YOU!” This was from someone who had 500 plus positive reviews. So I realized that they must have thought I was going to be a difficult person and would give them a bad review, which initially I was not. Their work was fine. I did not have a problem with it. I just did not understand their note to me. But then I thought about it. With 500 plus positive reviews no one gave them an average or bad review? That is not possible with this finicky world we live in. We all have a bad day from time to time. No one is perfect. So now, I want to see that someone has a full spectrum of reviews. Feels like it is more honest.

Hey guys tell me what you think. I purchased a gig 15 days ago. Unlimited reviews, 5 stars and so on. I had with him serious communication problems and a big delay. He basically didn’t follow the instruction at all, even if I did sent images about what I wanted (very doable things - it was a design). The thing is that he was doing the gig very approximately. He has been rude to me (He said he just wanted to be free from me), so I left him even though he had 5 I left him a 1.5. I said clearly what happened and that it was the worst experience I had on fiverr. He’s spamming me for removing it offering to refund me and he said he can’t work anymore his career destroyed and the family destroyed as well. I don’t want to destroy anything honestly, but I didn’t feel like giving him a good feedback after the frustrations I had in sending the images seeing him not even looking at them and don’t following the instructions and then complaining that he had to change. And saying later he wanted to be free for me. It was a frustrating experience for me. I paid anyway for that service I know not a huge amount but I paid. Is it so bad for the seller if I leave the review as it is? He says that he can’t sell anymore. Tell me your opinion thanks. I don’t want to ruin him but I want to be honest.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Sounds like a pain-in-the-a** seller. Communication really is a tricky thing to handle, especially conceited people like that. You made your decision, and if you think it was worth of his/her work, then be it. And I don’t believe that it ruined his career, it’s just exaggeration, it will just barely affect his sales, unless it was his first sale.

I think clicking “Report” on the inbox will do the trick for people sending spam messages, it will stop them to send more messages.

• Like 1

I was not happy with my order with divineserenityx. She largely fantasized the reading and did some subtle victim blaming. She then asked to have the order cancelled and refund me, but I did not agree because I did not want my feedback to be removed as I prefer to leave an honest feedback than to have the $5 back. So I put up my review again and now I see Fiverr has cancelled and refunded me anyways and removed my feedback with no explanation, while I had disagreed with this. When clicking on the ‘resolution center’ it says: <blockquote cite="“This order is no more. Finito. Terminated. Gone. Kaput. Your money has been refunded to your balance. You can confirm this here.”
">So there is no way for me to resolve this anymore as it has been ‘resolved’ over my head. That means the option you are proposed at first to accept a refund or to decline has no meaning whatsoever. If you dont accept the refund, the seller can simply get their way and refund you anyway, meaning your feedback is removed as well.

• Like 1

This agreement is between buyer and the seller.
I dont see any reason why the seller cannot edit that
bad review when the seller has already promised
to refund. Please let us be kind here.

Negative review will make the other buyer run away
from that seller. if you are not satisfy with what he
deliver, please write him/her before you review that
you are not okay with his work.

If he can modify if, fine. but if he is not ready to do that
tell him that you want a refund, and if he disagree
then, you can now write bad review.

• Like 1

I have never had to rate a seller low other than today. I give 5 stars when they do the job as promised. Today was a completely different story. The seller was terrible in delivery. She gave me “proof” of analytics on the job and it turns out the report was for a month ago. The job I had her do was for yesterday.

I told her I was not happy and she said she fixed it but nothing changed. So I rated her very low. Now she is begging me to change my rating.

I have bought lots of gigs and usually tip my sellers. But this one, no way.

Besides, Fiverr doesn’t make it easy to change or delete a rating once it’s up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Review system is not a joke as its importance is same as life and death on fiverr for sellers. Some buyers are unaware about it or some give reviews according to their personal desires. I thinks buyers should be aware about raring system that how it is important for sellers. If seller does not do his work according to your requirements then you are free to give him low reviews but if he performs his work according to your requirements then please don’t play with his career and his life

• Like 1

The OP should understand that fiverr is a platform for both to work cordially. If you have a problem with the delivered work, please try to sort things out by interacting with the seller first instead of ruining his reputation leaving a low rating or a negative review. If the seller does not co operate, then only take this harsh step towards that seller. However do not have this animosity for all sellers in general. Not all people are same 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

As much as I want to agree that its not fair to influence rating and feedback on fiverr, some things may need to be put right. first, buyer should understand the rating system and know that getting less than 5 stars is not a bad thing. But the thinking of most buyers is when its less than 5, its bad. Secondly, some buyers are in a rush to apply the big stick on their sellers. I have said in other post that the relationship between a buyer and a seller is that of cooperation to get the best out of the system, but some buyers are in a hurry to leave bad rating and feedback instead of working with the seller to get a nice job. The question is, if the seller is your employee, would you not train him/her in the way you want them to handle your job? But rather, some buyers just want to hit it hard!

Buyer and seller must find a common ground to cooperate with one another and be fair in the rating and feedback system, otherwise it may mislead other buyers.

If a buyer gives their rating and feedback without careful consideration to reflect the real issue, a seller can protest, in such instance a buyer may decide to review their earlier rating and feedback to reflect the true position of things. For me rating and feedback is not a punitive action, it is there to guide people to the right seller, so lets do it with caution and be humble enough to adjust things to reflect the true position of things.