How To Make More Fiverr Cash With A Social Media Strategy

edume

@jonbaas Thank you again for being a fan of this post.

I do understand the buying audience and I do all I can to help each person with their video project that we produce.

But, the buyers are much more diverse than you may think. It really depends on the service you are offering which will attract the appropriate audience.

If you had read carefully, I don’t tell anyone what to do as it’s the person’s choice to do as they please.

I also stress positivity in one’s life to make your mind free of any kind of anxiety or anger which is one of the reasons for not following through on ideas. I always say, believe and it shall become and I am a testament to that.

Thank you again for your post.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Google+ has been very good to me. I second what others have said that merely posting your gig or spamming obviously commercial content will get you ignored or blocked. Successful social marketing requires finesse and, you know, being an interesting person. If you don’t have a personality, then you had better grow one quickly 😛

Guest stephenia2

well, i found this interesting and good market strategy and we all have to remember that without advert, there is little or no market. That iss a good one but what we find at times boring is the time we can use to create an account on different social media. Its at times stressful in the area of verification and all that. Well i love this any and i wouldn’t mind talking about my gigs here too…:)guys check out my vibe too

It doesn’t matter whether you’re “interacting” or spamming, if you post content on Facebook with the intention of trying to get people to buy something from another site (such as here on Fiverr), Facebook intentionally reduces the number of people who will be able to see that posted commercial content. They do this to discourage people from using Facebook’s social features for commercial gain, and to encourage people that wish to sell or promote something of a commercial nature to use their purchased ads system.

I admire your desire to help people promote their Fiverr gigs on social media, but you also need to understand how social media truly works, and encourage people to realize this as well. Just posting a “look at my cool Fiverr gig” on social media is an incredibly shortsighted activity. There’s a lot more to being successful on social media than posting and expecting instant “interaction”.

Know your market. Know how social marketing works. And don’t expect that if you merely post something on social media that it will go viral and translate into success or sales here on Fiverr. Social media doesn’t work that way anymore.

Seriously? I’m beginning to think that you’re the last person that should be giving Facebook success advice.

You make Facebook advertising sound like an exclusive invitation-only club. There are no “secrets”. Know how to use it (Facebook even explains it to you!), and you’re good to go.

And you don’t “make $” on Facebook’s ad system, you pay for advertising that directs people to your own projects. Once they are on your own website, then you have a captive audience to sell to. You don’t earn money from Facebook by posting ads.

Oh, dear Edume, how little you know about having an “open mind to the big picture”.

It’s not a matter of me merely believing what I want to believe, it’s a matter of me knowing the facts.

My advice to you: please do not confuse people here on Fiverr by claiming to be informed on things you don’t actually appear to understand. I run half a dozen Facebook pages as the primary page admin, and I have years of experience purchasing and running successful Facebook ads.

You claim to have “researched [social media] a lot”. Good for you. I’ve worked with it on a intimate level. There’s a difference between research and experience.

Share your tips with others. But understand (just like I would hope you would have learned in your many other “I am a pro” thread posts here on the Fiverr forums in the past), you are a long way from being the guru you seem eager to present yourself as.

@jonbaas Not sure why you always write negative and continuously look down upon me, but of course that is your own view. I keep a positive upbeat vision of life and that makes a difference in the result in business. I don’t claim to be a “guru”. If you think you are such an expert on FB, why don’t make a forum post to share your ideas, interact with people and be social. Thanks for being a fan!

I haven’t written anything negative. I’m just pointing out that successful use of social media is not quite as easy as you make it out to be. You have a tendency to post great superficial suggestions, but you seem to overlook the mechanics and substance of the “tips” that you share.

Most basic sellers on Fiverr (the ones you are targeting your “advice” to) are only connected to friends on social media. Posting “buy my gigs” content to those friends on social media is not going to bring about the kind of social media success, social interaction, or gig traffic that you are advocating. It’s not going to happen. There’s an audience difference between friends and customers. Building a customer base will drive gig sales; promoting your gigs to friends on your personal social media accounts will not.

You’re offering optimism. I’m reminding readers of reality.

And I already “share my ideas, interact with people and be social”. I’m very good at it. In fact, those things are what I am doing right here, in this thread. Public forum. Public commentary.

And finally, I’m not a fan – I’m just someone who offers a more grounded understanding and approach to what it really means to be successful. If that means that I’m the other side of your discussion(s), then so be it. There are always multiple sides and perspectives to any good discussion – regardless of whomever started the thread discussion. You do not have a monopoly on wisdom.

I’ve been part of many Fiverr forum discussions with edume before. My counter comments to his “advice” are nothing new. In fact, many other sellers have been openly insulted by edume’s commentary and style in the past. He may be trying to be helpful, but he is not always as informed or tactful as he may believe.

I will continue to comment in the spirit of accuracy, truth, and conversation, and if the comments that I share require me to take an opposing perspective to his posts, there is nothing wrong with that. Discussions are more valuable when all sides of it are equally considered.

Archived