Your Experience with Gig Packages

natalieab

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have come across number of people who think new packages aren’t good and they got no improvement in their sales. But I think it’s not compulsory to touch that aspect, this totally relies on you whether to add extra gig or not. And if you are not comfortable then you shouldn’t opt it.

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate the new feature of packages and i thinks its a good idea too…but Gig package is not helping me in any way…may be i went wrong while offering the package…i offer package on three of my gigs but not recieved any order as package until now…Guide me if i went wrong somewhere while offering the package…

• 3 weeks later...

The first thing you see after the gig’s graphic is 3 prices.

How often do you go blind into a store and are immediately told:

“You can spend $5, $10, or $20 for the deluxe package” but you have no idea what the prices are for because no one has told you that?

I had just started when Gig Packages began to appear. I used it, and it was easy to set up. I’ve had people using the different options quite a bit.

The packages option gives me the chance to set up price differentiation, by offering additional services at each level. I have been adjusting the offerings as I gain more experience. I don’t think I’d ever stop using this feature!

• 1 month later...

I LOVE having the option of gig packages. I tweak my offerings all the time in my different package levels, and I definitely don’t think I would have as much success as I do now without the package levels. Would love to see the option to enable packages in more subcategories! 🙂

I see mangled confusing layouts now on gigs. First the packages, then a description with
a border along the right side that is mostly empty for some reason, then the questions.

I would use the questions area to try to offer my extras.

I don’t see an advantage to having the layout this way. Why not keep it as simple and easy as possible? It shouldn’t be such a puzzle.

I can’t figure it out when I want to see what a gig is about and give up.

A description of the gig and some extras. And give sellers the option to use the package layout or not, along with starting prices above $5, maybe just on two or three gigs.

• 5 weeks later...

I’m not sure yet. I like the idea of gig packages, but I feel like it has a bit to go before it really benefits the seller. First off, I have had very few buyers opt in for packages and I found that I made more when they simply would add extras to their order. Secondly, it is very buggy when trying to edit it, and thirdly, you don’t really have a choice. If you want to edit the pricing of a gig, it seems like you are forced to add packages.

Again I like the idea and I think it could work if executed correctly, but at the moment it seems more like a mess and burden than anything else.

Gig Packages are great for my writing and editing gigs! I make a lot more money per order than I used to. I used to get a large volume of orders (typically basic gigs). Now the volume has decreased quite a bit, but I’m typically making between $12-$32 per order now. I prefer it that way.

The only thing I have a problem with is the fact that the Gig Extras no longer show up on the gig page and the only way for the buyers to see them is if they place an order. I’d rather there be a section for that, just like there’s a section for Packages, the Gig Description, and the FAQ.

Also, while three gig packages is a good number so it keeps things on the simple side, it would be nice to have an option for having up to 5. Especially because the gig extras aren’t shown on the gig page. However, if this gig extra issue is remedied, having more gig packages wouldn’t exactly be necessary.

I really hope the fiverr team will consider this during a future update.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think Gig packages are good for some categories but not for others. Like it is good for designing related gigs but not for blog posting as it only limits to a maximum of three options and my blog posting service can be divided into 7 gig extras & gives benefits to both buyers and me as seller.

I read that one of the reasons people were hesitant with activating gig packages, was that then the gig package ‘area’ takes over, and the buyer won´t see the gig description, or only after scrolling. Which was my main reserve then too. I think that might be not moot now maybe, but probably less important, as now that gig requirements made it onto the gig description page, both the original description and the requirements show up as a ‘preview’ with ‘click to read more’, so maybe as now in either case more ‘action’ is needed from a buyer anyway, the prominent gig package area won´t be as important a point now anymore, so I might try it, when I find the time to rethink/rewrite again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

*Setup is frustrating because the numbers of characters allowed for titles, descriptions is not enough.
*I should be able to set a maximum for my packages. NOT the amount in queue, but a maximum amount of words. (editing service) If someone orders 100,000 words to be edited, then picks the ‘within 48 hours’ extra, then I’m screwed, because that is impossible for me to do! I note the maximum in the description, but often buyers don’t bother to read anything. I’m worried about having to cancel an order.
*Amounts should not only be in increments of $5. I can’t list the increments I want after doing calculations because fiverr does not allow it.
*YES, I have had a definite increase in sales since creating packages. It took a few weeks, but so far at least that is one great benefit.
*The only good thing I can think of is that at least each package clearly defines what buyers are getting for the specific price. My sales have always been through custom orders because content editing is based on a lot of factors.

*Setup is frustrating because the numbers of characters allowed for titles, descriptions is not enough.

*I should be able to set a maximum for my packages. NOT the amount in queue, but a maximum amount of words. (editing service) If someone orders 100,000 words to be edited, then picks the ‘within 48 hours’ extra, then I’m screwed, because that is impossible for me to do! I note the maximum in the description, but often buyers don’t bother to read anything. I’m worried about having to cancel an order.

*Amounts should not only be in increments of $5. I can’t list the increments I want after doing calculations because fiverr does not allow it.

*YES, I have had a definite increase in sales since creating packages. It took a few weeks, but so far at least that is one great benefit.

*The only good thing I can think of is that at least each package clearly defines what buyers are getting for the specific price. My sales have always been through custom orders because content editing is based on a lot of factors.

If someone orders 100,000 words to be edited, then picks the ‘within 48 hours’ extra, then I’m screwed, because that is impossible for me to do! I note the maximum in the description, but often buyers don’t bother to read anything. I’m worried about having to cancel an order.

Yes! (Maybe have a look at my post on this topic in the suggestion section and like/bump it, if you’d like to, for hopefully more visibility to fiverr staff: Gig Multiples for Packages - option to turn off/limit multiples needed

Archived