Your Experience with Gig Packages

natalieab

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thus far I have had an appalling experience on Fiverr.

I have delt with 3 sellers. and ALL THREE have attempted to sell me art that was available freely, online…

When I make a request to buy custom art, I expect custom art, I am not buying your ability to search google. or your ability to use a freely available flash avatar generator.

I now have 40 dollars on my fiver account that I can not for the life of me, figure out how to redeposit into my bank account.

SO… if anyone out there is an ACTUAL ARTIST… and are capable of creating 2 avatars, (head only) from various perspectives, and with various expressions, Contact me.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m not really sure about it, to tell you the truth. I’m a Top Rated Seller and have been for some time. I have a 100% rating with nearly 3000 positive reviews. Until December 2015, I was clearing at least $1000 a month (sometimes as much as $1500) with my voiceover gig. Last December it dropped below $900 for the first time in a long time, and then in January it was $600, February was $500, and if the first few days of March are any indication, I can expect even less this month! I don’t know if this is because I started using packages or not, but I’ve pulled them down for the time being to see if my situation improves. I’m not in a position financially where I can gamble on many more months of dwindling sales to see if using packages eventually improves my sales. Actually, I’m wondering why I tried it in the first place; when the $1000+ months were commonplace for me, I really couldn’t have handled much more business than that. To paraphrase an old adage, it wasn’t broke so why did I try to fix it?! I guess I thought it would spare me the back-and-forth conversations with Fiverr buyers who were inexperienced or less tech savvy yet who hired me for projects that required multiple gigs or extras. I thought it would make their process simpler and more understandable. Maybe it actually did, and perhaps my sudden drop in sales has nothing to do with my use of packages. It could even be that I would have made even less without them. Time will tell. The big issue for me is that for reasons unknown, my page position in the “High Rating” page in the voiceovers category dropped WAY down. I used to be in the top four or five rows, but I’m currently sitting in the basement of ROW 21! Have I run afoul of the editors? Am I being punished for some unknown infraction? I don’t know. Anyone, especially my fellow voiceover sellers, who has had a similar experience with a sudden, inexplicable drop in both page position and sales, please contact me or reply to this post. I’m getting desperate. Fiverr helps me put food on the table for my wife and the seven kids I’ve still got living at home. I love Fiverr - it has literally changed my life. I don’t want to have to try some other service like elance or whatever, and I’ve already got a full time career on top of my Fiverr freelancing, so the thought of doing both of those PLUS some part-time paycheck job at a convenience store or something is very disheartening. Anyhoo, I’d love to hear from anyone with a similar situation, especially if you were able to turn things around (let me in on your secret remedy, please! I’m willing to pay you by placing an order with your gig!) My next stop is tech support, I guess. Cheers, y’all. Onward and upward!

I see you have indeed managed to go back to the old way aside from the description on the bottom of the extras instead of coming first. It seems logical to have the description be what potential buyers see first before the extras and prices. The gig needs to sell
itself with a great description before the prices and options are presented. This is crucial.

I wish you well and hope things improve!

For me, the gig packages haven’t worked yet. I have two gigs up and in one of them I use the package set up. Sales are randomly coming, but none of them has any package, other than the basic or the Fast Delivery from gig extras. I have occasionally changed the packages and tested various options, but still no difference. Sometimes I even think they might be invisible! As @misscrystal said, I think this feature works only for design gigs and not for everybody. I’ve been thinking that maybe it’s because the $5 buyers (the majority on Fiverr) are not willing or accustomed to pay more for gigs (regardless of what the gig offers) and that’s why they seem unhappy with or indifferent to the packages. The design gigs, however, are more likely to draw customers because it’s in the nature of the particular job to be well-paid, so they are more willing to pay a bit more for design projects. This $5 mindset of course can change in time, and Fiverr plays a very great role in this change. For example, a habit turns to a habit after repetition, right? So, Fiverr would have to either make these packages compulsory for all or would have to abort the gig-packages idea once and for all. Only then, will the feel and behaviour of the buyers gradually change. As they were used to $5, they will get used to the packages too, provided that this feature is active on all categories and compulsory for all the sellers. That is how a habit is made or broken. Personally, I will give this method a couple more weeks, and if no package is sold, then I will change it to the simple version. I also agree with misscrystal on the description being put first of the packages. All the professional marketers know that first you sell and then you show the price. Nowhere have I seen the price before the description, except maybe for the times when a brand which doesn’t need introduction (like Apple or Nike) has a huge - unheard of - discount. But because we’re not Apple or Nike (not even close), we need to talk about who we are first and what we offer, before revealing the price.
Anyway, this is my point of view with the use of packages so far. Thanks for reading it! 🙂

How can you sell something when they don’t see a description, just prices and little checkmarks? It’s putting the cart before the horse. When they see those 3 prices they don’t even want it at that point. Only after they read the description does the decision to buy get made. But they don’t even get that far down the page.

• 2 weeks later...

New at fiverr but got my first 3 sales after implementing Packages, I’m doing whiteboard animation and It’s really great to make your description shorter and to the point by showing those packages. Usually Whiteboard Animation counts Color , Audio , VO , BG Music, Video Quality , the time duration , etc… So All and All its really good and as I have seen the views and Impression also boosted up so Plus 1 for Fiverr , Great Change!

• 2 weeks later...

You’re right. It makes me wonder how come no one from the staff has thought about it when they applied this feature to Fiverr. I really hope they consider all this and change it accordingly soon. BRIEF UPDATE: After one more month with the packages, I have only sold one of them. On the other hand, I mostly get custom orders, for bigger volume orders. This made me notice that the $5 customer will remain a $5 customer, whereas meanwhile, people with big volume orders will reach out and ask for a custom order, because my packages can’t fulfill their specific needs. Therefore, I’m thinking of maybe creating packages for this category of customers as well (“big volumers”) as a case study and I’ll keep this feed posted of my results. 😉

As a buyer I find that they are causing sellers to be very deceptive in their inital headline descriptions. I come looking to buy and quickly tire of the BS. Today I came looking to buy a video intro and found something that looked good and then found out it was for two seconds of video. Really? Well once again I came to buy and did not buy. There should be a feedback button that users could use to support this nonsense.

Sad Experience. Drop in messages and sales. Never a good option. Sellers should be given the right to deactivate it please. It is really affecting me and reading the comments indicates that people are also affected by this development. I am just in a sad and sorrowful state. Let It be revised please.

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmmmm, not sure what happened but for me my business fell off the map when packages launched. I procrastinated for a few weeks in building packages so I assumed maybe others were getting gigs BECAUSE they used the packages and I wasn’t, so I built some. Nothing. Crickets. After a while I removed them and went back to the old gigs. Nothing.

I’ve even had to check and make sure my gigs weren’t paused or something. I doubled checked (even lowered) my rates to make sure I wasn’t getting squeezed out by more affordable sellers.

I don’t know what happened but my business hasn’t been the same here since packages rolled out. I’ve got 200+ 5-star reviews, my response rate and delivered-on-time rates are at 100% and business was bringing me in an extra few hundred dollars per month. At my new current pace it will take a year to make $300.

Archived