Your Experience with Gig Packages

natalieab

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. Why am I obliged to use the packages if I do not need them? As markc1542 said if I just want to make any changes to my Gig page I’m obliged to start the packages. Why???!!!
I’m quite hungry with these continuous changes made without first considering the real needs and opinions of users.
In Italy we have a proverb: ‘‘Never change a winning horse’’.

It’s not good. I’ve noticed a sharp drop in client interaction since you guys rolled this out and I changed over to it. I was getting at least 1 message a day from potential clients. Now I’m getting 0. I would like to be able to add more gig extras to my current offering without limits. Take away as many restrictions as you can. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

It’s either been the season or the package feature. I’m not sure. Shortly after I implemented the package deal for one of my gigs, I got a buyer. I thought, Great! Ever since then, I’ve gotten crickets. I tried dropping my price on the highest package down with the hopes of attracting more buyers.

• 2 weeks later...

I just started using my gig packages a little over a week ago. I have not had any orders yet. I had several orders right around the holidays, but none since. I’m not sure if it’s just a lull in orders or if my gig package pricing is not right. I’ll wait a bit longer before I adjust pricing.

Extras: easy to read quickly and see exactly what you want to add on.

Columns: work to decipher, hard to figure out what the difference is between each,
takes time to look at, does not make me want to buy anything

I feel discouraged when I look at them and end up not buying that gig.

I see that you can’t fit a sentence into the columns. It’s not readable. It’s more like word salad.

This layout works very well for things like website hosting, where it’s the same thing for each column and all that changes is the number of months and pricing. Here we need to have sentences that describe each extra, which requires a simple layout such as we have for extras. I am really hoping to keep being able to use the extras as they are now.
Thank you for giving me this chance to say my opinion.

Here is my suggestion based on actual experience on fiverr when a couple of really fantastic things were tried for a couple of days which boosted sales through the roof:

a. Having a separate tab in the listings for 24 hours gigs : sales EXPLODED

b. Having various prices for each gig showing on the listings pages where thumbnails are, some gigs $15, some gigs $25 etc instead of all gigs showing as $5 — EXTRAS EXPLODED as people simply paid whatever price was displayed on the thumbnail, but alas that only lasted a couple of days

My dream would be to combine these two features so that under the 24 hours gigs you have the variety of gig prices showing on the thumbnails. And let only the Top Rated Sellers have this feature.

I hope the gig packages are tested before implementing them on a permanent basis.
One seller of logos tells me gig packages work well for him so hopefully I am wrong about them which would make me very happy.

• 2 weeks later...

I like it, though I am eagerly awaiting packages in my writing categories. There is a host of services that I want to provide on Fiverr. However, I have been hesitant because of the 5.00 base limiter. I also have packages lined up that will significantly improve the buying experience for new customers.

It has worked very well for my worksheet gig. I am happy to say that it has greatly reduced the amount of time spent on discussing prices for sets of worksheets. As a result, the client and I are able to focus on the actual substance. It also greatly reduced the requests of “U make 20 worksheets. I pay 50 cent sheet” nightmares to politely decline.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum

http://puu.sh/ljtI2/dc09857b56.png

Gig Packages - What price should you set?

So, if you haven't yet heard, Fiverr are currently rolling out a new 'package' feature (available in a few select categories right now, including book covers). You can read more about this here:...

Reading time: 16 mins ? Likes: 6 ❤

I see twistedweb123 isn’t using packages.

We are sellers who want what works for us. They DO work for SOME gigs if there is no need to explain or convince.

Archived