I paid seller $55 to create responsive website but could\'nt deliver!

teamjason

Buyer is just a newbie here but I need your attention drawn here as my seller marked my order completed and delivered without buyer receiving final service. It has taken seller so much time to get the job done and when he delivered order it was not according to the requirements and agreement.

seller delivers none of the requested files that meet the buyer’s requirements or proof of a completed service.

Order was delivered to buyer about 6 days ago but seller and buyer have not been able to communicate after seller marked order completed about 6 days ago due to fiverr’s direct communication restriction on seller’s account.

The seller did not deliver the requested files or services, and buyer did not request revisions in time due to a lack of communication from the seller. Buyer has been restricted to communicate directly with seller at this moment.

Buyer wants to resolve all issues concerning order with the seller mutually without any problem but buyer needs to communicate with seller immediately which looks impossible as buyer contacted support and they said the seller in question has become inactive.

Buyer’s business is suffering loss at the moment because seller was supposed to create a professional and responsive landing pages, opt in form etc for website.

Does this look like a completed and responsive website done by seller? *******************.biz

What do you suggest buyer should do now?

Please kindly help me look into this issue ASAP.
Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
Teamjason

$55 is too cheap for what you’re asking.
Cheapo like you who wants professional quality for dirt cheap pay are often scammed by these folks. This is just another case of; You Get What You Pay For.

You should also link to the Gig of the seller so we can see.

Links to other users are not allowed on the forum. Besides, according to OP, the seller is now inactive, which means they have been banned from Fiverr.

The site does look terrible, but then again, so does the English. You need to do some more research into copywriting, particularly with regard to headlines, sub-headlines and CTAs, all of which are either missing or just not convincing. Take heart–your website looks like 99% of hopeful internet marketers’ sites, so it’s not all bad.

For one page, $55 is expensive. $20 to $30 a page is more reasonable.

May I suggest placing a video or video series on your website to atract viewers and boost your ranking on the search engines. You can contact me and I’ll explain further.

Thank you for your contribution. Firstly, I don’t think paying seller $55 to create responsive website which includes a squeeze landing page & opt in form is too cheap. Both seller and buyer agreed on the amount before order was accepted by the buyer.

It was a simple case of saying sorry I can’t do it for $55 maybe try someone else, I think that would sound more like a professional who knows his stuff.

I paid for what I didn’t get. I’m a straight forward buyer and You should put yourself in my shoes then maybe you’ll understand how it feels.

Thank you for your contribution. Well, I’m still a newbie here without any previous experience, before I ordering the services of the seller I took my time to review ratings of other similar gigs and from his rating review I decided to approach seller and we discussed all requirements needed.

I agree the site looks terrible nothing seems right. I only want to resolve this issue peacefully and move on.

I don’t mind getting help for copywriting. What can I do now?

Thank you I thought as much too but I’m not regretting paying $55 to the seller I guess it was worth it because I was only looking to get the best.

Placing a video sounds great I’ll consider your offer but first I need this issue resolved and my site completed.

Thank you for your contribution. That’s a good question. Seller sent me custom order and asked to me accept so he may begin working on my project. The seller said he can deliver order in 4 days and I agreed and placed the order. I don’t how Fiverr process payment order here.

Just to let you know, It has been more than 7 days ago the seller marked my order as completed and delivered to me. But I have not given him bad rating. I’m still waiting patiently for his conscience to judge him.

Thank you for your contribution. Well, I’m still a newbie here without any previous experience, before I ordering the services of the seller I took my time to review ratings of other similar gigs and from his rating review I decided to approach seller and we discussed all requirements needed.

I agree the site looks terrible nothing seems right. I only want to resolve this issue peacefully and move on.

I don’t mind getting help for copywriting. What can I do now?

Hi, teamjason. All my customers have no problem asking for revisions so that the order is not marked as done until they are satisfied. Once you receive an order make sure it is as you would want, ask for a revision formally through fiverr if you are not satisfied, do not accept that it is done. There should be a button you click on to ask for revisions when they send you work. You are the one who allows the order to be considered done. So don’t accept what they send you until satisfied. So you being unfamiliar with how fiverr works seems part of the problem. I’m sorry your expectations were not met. Sounds like a lot of work was required to get this job done, and once they got their money, they felt justified in calling it good. Its not good in that you agreed on something else and he didn’t fully deliver. But It sounds like fiverr was already on to this seller, since they are no longer active on fiverr. Best of luck, Grace.

Now on the other hand. I am not defending seller or buyer here. But this are facts.

1. buyer can t expect much from responsive design for 55.
  2. seller did a horrible job, but it doesn t look bad for 55
  3. did seller or buyer wrote a content for page? It is horrible.

solution: hire someone who can show you previous work, talk with them, see how much they understand, ask them in which program they work, ask them what is difference between css and html, and then ask them will they put images in svg or jpeg or png, ask them is png 8 better then png 24, and on end ask them will they do your page on split with psd design and coding in live… Before you ask them, google answers on this (I would give you an answers too, but I m lazy to type), if seller gives you right answers then hire them and pay them decent amount for job (google about pricing on work you need and consider some average price as a budget for what you need) to be done, give them like 4-6 days to finish. And I bet you, you will be more then happy with results. As well hire someone to write you good content.

If someone asks me this much, I’ll just answer I’m busy.
Remember answering questions take time too, and how am I supposed to know that he’s testing my knowledge, not that he doesn’t know anything and wants me to teach him?
If I want to be a teacher I wouldn’t be here.

Archived