Noob Buyer Wants to Know--Buying Gig Extra After Purchase of Gig?

powrwrap

I’m a newbie to Fiverr. For starters I am looking for a new logo design, but have other needs as well. My plan is to have several graphic artists complete a basic $5 gig for logo design. Once I select the design I like I would like to go back and purchase gig extras (obviously only those gig extras that the seller offers), say, for example, the source file, or even a tip in the tip jar.

After searching the forums it appears this strategy is possible, but there are also reports of projects being “closed” under some sort of time limit, marked complete, or buyers that simply don’t want to go back and revisit a project, etc.

So, can a gig extra be ordered after delivery of the initial gig?

What, if any, objections would sellers have to adding extras?

the best thing for you would be like you want, just purchase basic GIG from few different sellers, then when you if you do really like one of those, get back to that seller. (you can click heart on upper right corner of a gig and put them in your favorites), then you can re-order a GIG, and purchase extras as source file, commercial license, multiple format sizes, what ever seller you picked on has. Now, other option can also be for you to have a public profile, post a buyer request in graphic and design category and have and receive sellers offers, maybe some of them already have an amazing portfolio and you can talk a bit with them and right away purchase everything what you need. Plus that, that way you can always go to your inbox and find sellers messages, so you will know how to contact them. As well, fiverr has a new thingy called GIG package, so check those to instead of looking at extras only, maybe some sellers have package just as you need.

"So, can a gig extra be ordered after delivery of the initial gig?

What, if any, objections would sellers have to adding extras?"

I think that a gig extra can be ordered after delivery of the initial gig. The trouble is the deadline. For example, you place a basic $5 order on a gig that has a 3 day delivery time. The seller delivers in, say, 24 hours, you take another 24 hours to check the delivery, and if you order an extra then, the seller has only 24 hours to fulfill your order.

Or, even worse, the seller delivers within 3 days as advertised, you like it, add an extra on the same order, and the order is now marked as late, which can harm the seller’s rating and ranking.

(Someone please correct me if I’m wrong)

Archived