What to do about buyer? User account no longer available

victoriagrace2

One of my semi-regular customers ordered a gig the other day. I went to check on a detail from our message history and I get the ‘Buyer can’t be reached for privacy reasons’ message. Checked his account and it says that the user account is no longer available. I’ve never had a customer vanish on me before or had an issue with one before so I don’t know what to do. The timer’s ticking down and I have a perfect record when it comes to delivering gigs. Do I still deliver it? Or do I contact the resolution center and let the timer run out?

This is often correct if only the privacy message is displayed. If the buyer account does not exists, though, it was probably the buyer who violated ToS - not the seller. 🙂

In this case as a seller, I would suggest that a seller should submit a ticket to Customer Support by going to fiverr.com/support. If the buyer’s account was indeed removed, you won’t be able to deliver or get paid, so you need their help to make sure things are straightened out. If a seller is very certain the buyer’s account is gone, there should be no particular harm in marking it delivered with a note that the buyer’s account seems to be gone. Normally that would be against the rules as an empty delivery but this situation calls for self-protection since Customer Service can take several days to respond. Just let them know what has been done and back it up with screen shots when possible.

Archived