Was there a resolution regarding revenue amounts not showing in whole dollars?

alysmcdonough

I know this was/is an issue but I’ve been away from the forums for a bit and sick and busy and blah. (try having an ear infection when you’re a transcriber!)

I emailed fiverr about 2 weeks ago when it first happened and first started appearing on the forums, 'cause it was suggested to contact customer support.

I continue to have amounts in my revenues that have cleared or are waiting to clear eg .01 or some other ridiculous amount that doesn’t make sense.

They finally got back to me saying it had been resolved yesterday. I said um no, what do you mean?

I got this today. I’ve blanked out the trillions of millions of dollars I’ve earned on fiverr below for privacy reasons. But this is what I got. I am lost for words. And yes the odd dollar amounts are left in below. And I have a headache. So can someone please enlighten me as I don’t think I’m as stupid as I look and I did read the user agreement when I signed up and I believe that the deal was fiverr take $1 from each $5. Yes?

From what we can see, your account is balanced, as you can see below:

Earned: $xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.59

Minus

Withdrawals: $$xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.60
Used to Order Gigs: $xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.00
Pending Clearance: $$xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.39

Equals

Available Funds: $xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.60

and Upcoming Earnings: $xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.01

update. and this is not resolved yet, so would like to keep it here to make other sellers aware.

so got this message:

“Apologies for the overlook. I’ve contacted our Technical Team about this and we’ll update you as soon as we have more news. Thank you for your patience.”

How can you overlook all those decimal points, especially when it was mentioned at least 3 times in the support ticket? And how could you cut and paste all those amounts without going “oh that’s strange, all those small cents the end?”

Hello, sorry this is still happening to you! I had that problem too but it was solved a while ago.
I know how frustrating this can be. I’m not sure how yours can still be acting this way and it takes a lot of patience sometimes to deal with some things. I am hoping they get this fixed soon for you. I know they don’t have a big staff here and have a lot of things to look at but I’m sure it will be straightened out. .

So, to all in the thread, this issue keeps appearing in Tips in multiple threads which is understandable since people are confused. I’m going to leave this one here just to add a note and maybe slow the flood. I understand that people are still seeing errors and issues in revenues and people are also getting ticket responses that are probably auto-generated or cut/pastes and inaccurate. I’m not defending or opposing Fiverr specifically since I realize they have some small departments, are probably overwhelmed and have the NYC event ongoing as well.

However, from what I’ve seen the problem is resolved for some people as of today but not for everyone. Ticket responses are also not perfect and to be honest it’s hard to advise on that since if they close your ticket and you open another, or you open multiples, it could make things worse. I’m not even going to try for ticket advice overall because I don’t know the best approach in this unique situation.

What I will do is suggest that if you do still have one open ticket, try to stay calm and polite and if you get an incorrect response, write back and explain that the problem really is not resolved. In addition, I don’t have direct access to Customer Support any more than anyone else on the forum, but I will try to pass this along the forum staff channels in case they can get the information up the chain. Given that so many are away from the office for the NYC event, I would expect this to continue to be an issue for a few more days. I also understand it’s our income and we need it, but I don’t have anything else to offer right now. Hang in there and let’s try to post about this in Bugs or the Suggestion Box overall where maybe staff will see it. They aren’t going to read these other categories. Thanks, all!

I am so upset, my ticket was closed after waiting almost a week and it being handballed to 3 different people, without it even being looked at properly. When I questioned it, I was told my revenues did add up properly, when they clearly didn’t.

Alys once they “fixed” the decimal issue, it dropped my revenues by $359, yet my ticket disappeared into thing air and my second ticket is marked as resolved!!!

I am so frustrated that such a widespread issue like this, that is obviously affecting so many people, is not being sorted out! 😦

@natalieab It is not resolved for me. I would appreciate a speedy response to my ticket as it’s been open for almost 2 weeks since I sent the first message to Customer Support, and I’ve been supplied with the incorrect information already twice and I’m quite upset. @sue_mcl has also posted above about the same issue, so it’s certainly not resolved. PS. Please ensure both revenue already cleared and withdrawn is fixed, as well as current revenue, as I don’t really want to have to contact them again. Thank you.

This is all on the one ticket.

I’ve remained surprisingly calm but am quite upset.

I don’t mind waiting for tickets to be responded to, my issue is the handballing of tickets to other departments, then either getting no response or getting a response as ridiculous as the one I posted, not once but twice.

These were not auto generated responses.

It’s a known issue. I was emailing them about a known issue. They shouldn’t have said “oh it’s fixed.” when it was not. They then should not have written back with the cut and paste of my revenues, with all the decimal points in there either, again reiterating it was fixed. I’m now waiting again due to the inaccurate responses to a KNOWN fault.

I was able to respond to the closed ticket (twice) but can understand why someone would open a new ticket if they didn’t realize this.

I love fiverr, BUT we pay $1 per EACH $5, support needs to improve substantially (as a substantial amount of my earnings to to fiverr, which I’m totally fine with, but things like this need to be improved, as this is not the first time I’ve not been happy with the service I’ve received)

With regards to staff being at the NYC event, perhaps that is the case. But working for a large internet company myself in customer support, we had support coming from multiple locations worldwide and always had to keep our KPI’s in check regardless IE overtime to clear huge queue for example.

FYI all contact with fiverr support as below…

alysmcdonough November 21, 2015 18:29
hi
i read on the forum that if my revenues (various) are not showing in whole dollars to contact you, so here i am 🙂
alys 🙂

Avatar Maria November 22, 2015 06:50
Hi there,
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.We are looking into this issue for you with our Tech Team, and we will update you as soon as the issue has been fulfill.
Your patience is appreciated
Maria | Fiverr Customer Support
Check out Fiverr Faces and get yourself a new profile picture!
Fiverr Customer Support

Hi there,
Thank you for your patience with this technical issue. It is now resolved. Please let us know if you need more help.
Val | Fiverr Customer Support
Fiverr Customer Support

Avatar alysmcdonough Tuesday at 22:26
No it is not resolved. Look at my revenue page, issue still there. Please ensure that any revenues that have been paid that were incorrect are also fixed. Very dissapointed to receive a response like this 2 weeks after I reported it and it not being fixed.

Hi Alys,
From what we can see, your account is balanced, as you can see below:
Earned: $xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Minus
Withdrawals: $xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Used to Order Gigs: $xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pending Clearance: $xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Equals
Available Funds: $xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and Upcoming Earnings: $xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please check and let us know if you need more help.
Fiverr Customer Support

Avatar alysmcdonough Yesterday at 17:32
No the point of my message was to ask why these amounts (many of them) are not in whole dollars. You take $1 from every $5 early, right? So please explain why my earnings have many many odd amounts in there.

Apologies for the overlook. I’ve contacted our Technical Team about this and we’ll update you as soon as we have more news. Thank you for your patience.
Fiverr Customer Support

The only explanation for the drop in revenues you’ve noticed is that what you were seeing before wasn’t correct and once the correct stats showed up, it seemed to you like some of your earnings were removed, when you hadn’t earned them in the 1st place. -CS

@jeromae That’s not what this thread is about.

It is about odd amounts in the queue to clear eg 39.51 for example.

It is also about my frustration about not being able to receive adequate customer support on a KNOWN ISSUE. Not one that just happened, a KNOWN ISSUE.

Some are somewhat ok as it’s for custom orders of amounts eg $32. Others make little to no sense.

Eg essentially each $1 earnt, fiverr take 20 cents. So why have I got .01 etc in my revenues when all sales have been for full amounts eg the above example of $32. eg fiverr would get $6.40 of that $32. (ie in my revenues it would show as $25.60 which is fine)

On another unrelated note - Yes my revenues also dropped but didn’t mention it as I figured hmm maybe they were incorrect when I was looking at them, but really to take the time to go through and check everything was like - you’re kidding right, fiverr - for the fees I pay why am I even going through this in the first place?

They’ve not even bothered to expedite my question despite providing me with 2 incorrect answers and I haven’t heard anything back.

Archived