How to decline sucessfully without consequence to a rude buyer?

b_jordz

I have a customer that demands like a queen but pays like a beggar. I have had it with her and have even declined by email, where she first contacted for the latest gig. She then chose to ignore the decline and went on to order anyways two gigs which I believe doesn’t cover the amount of work and won’t pay the extra amount. How can I protect myself as the seller from someone so narcissistic as this? She may just continue to attack me with $5 orders which require extras and continue to decline to pay them then subject me to bad reviews.

I would complain to customer service on fiverr. There has got to be something they can do. Have you sent her a message making it clear you don’t want to work with her. “dear… It has come to my attention that we do not make a good fit, that you require more work then I am willing to give you for the price you are willing to pay. I suggest that you look for others to complete your work . If you continuer to order with me, I will continue to decline work, and if you refuse to decline, I will write a very bad review explaining to all others your unprofessional behavior. You are a bully, and I do not work with bully’s nor will others want to work with you when I am forced to write a horrible review.” Just a thought. People who bully others gets my ire up, and you shouldn’t have to put up with it.

This isn’t too bad…
“dear… It has come to my attention that we do not make a good fit, that you require more work then I am willing to give you for the price you are willing to pay. I suggest that you look for others to complete your work .

I would leave out this…

If you continuer to order with me, I will continue to decline work, and if you refuse to decline, I will write a very bad review explaining to all others your unprofessional behavior. You are a bully, and I do not work with bully’s nor will others want to work with you when I am forced to write a horrible review.”

I would leave out the last half because it’s an empty threat. I doubt if the buyer cares about reviews…that’s what you would care about. And also, it then ventures into name calling “bully” which kind of puts you in a weaker position and may just antagonize this buyer more. She sounds like one, but if the point is to just get her to go away, that’s probably not the way to go.

Like other people have said, I would first send through a mutual cancellation request with a polite explanation about why you don’t want to work with her. I’d make it as factual as you can: explain how what she’s asking for is more than what’s outlined on your gig page. Then, if she will not accept your cancellation request, submit a ticket to customer service. Include screenshots of your exchange. In the past, when I’ve had a custom refuse to cancel, customer service cancelled it for me. If you think she will continue to submit orders, I would also mention this to customer service. Maybe they’ll be able to block her from ordering from you.

Archived