Why its unlikely I will use fiverr again

mojowaky

I had enough of sellers letting me down with their gigs, either pooor quality work , missing deadlines, or just letting me know that they cant do the gig right at the point of the deadline. Its bad enough fiverr does not give you a refund (they call it a refund, when technically its a credit not a refund, a refund you can spend elsewhere whereas a credit you cannot) but only a credit, but whats much much worse that you cannot get compensation or any thing back for that huge waste of time and effort the fiverr gig provider has wasted from you as a buyer. 2 gigs in a row now that gig providers could not do the gig but only after 4 days of first gig and 6 days of second gig they did not perform my task and they were high rated sellers. Now I lost 10 days and I now have to find someone else and pay them a lot of money to get my urgent task quickly. Its highly unlikely I will ever use fiverr again.
Fiverr has to let buyers leave reviews even when gigs are cancelled, and fiverr has has make sure gig providers can let buyers know within 24 hours that they cannot perform the gig or provide compensation. Only when fiverr does that will this site become a good place for buyers again.

You didn’t tell us what you needed, but it seems to me you hired the wrong people or maybe what you wanted was too complicated, I don’t know. But the platform isn’t the problem, either you or the people you hired are the problem.

“Fiverr has to let buyers leave reviews even when gigs are cancelled, and fiverr has has make sure gig providers can let buyers know within 24 hours that they cannot perform the gig or provide compensation.”

Hire the ones that promise delivery in 3-days then, or pay for 24/hour delivery. Sometimes sellers get lots of orders, even if today I only got 5 orders, I’m not going to waste my time communicating with every buyer. My instructions clearly state that I only communicate when I have questions. So, I will do the job in 3 days or less. If tomorrow I discover that there’s a job I cannot do (that rarely happens), I will refund the order. That’s fair.

Honestly, I’m sick of buyers complaining about Fiverr. Fiverr is just like the real world, if you had a bad dinner at a restaurant, do you stop eating out? No, you go to other restaurants! Fiverr is the same way, there are ALL KINDS of sellers here, and all kinds of buyers as well.

am sorry @mojowaky for your experience. Choosing high rated sellers for your first task i think is what made your situation worse. This is because high rated sellers get a huge workload. I would also like to mention that it is always good to check the delivery time of the gig. This normally differs from 24 hours, 3 days and even more than 5 days. When the seller is late to deliver, you can contact customer care to cancel the order as you assign it to your next preferred seller. Sorry for what happened and good luck

Just in the interest of added factual information, while you can contact Customer Support to cancel, that isn’t always the best way to go about it. If a seller is late, you can click on the Resolution Center and choose to cancel. If the order is late enough, the seller cannot even decline it. This will automatically cancel the order, get the buyer a refund credit and leave late feedback for the seller.

In many cases this is in the best interest of the buyer on a very late order. If they go through Customer Support instead (and prior to that very late status) they will likely still get the refund, but it will take just as long and probably won’t leave feedback for the seller. Lastly, although my tag says “Admin” that’s just because I’m one of several volunteer forum admins - I am not Fiverr staff - so I’m adding this based on what I’ve read and seen. It isn’t to be taken as a statement on behalf of staff. 🙂

I really don’t think the Fiverr platform is too blame. The sellers you are dealing with are doing you a big disservice and making us all look bad. I assure you that all Fiverr sellers are not bad and most do deliver what they promise on time. Instead of relying so much on top sellers, who have enough reviews that their ranking won’t drop if they get a few bad reports, try working with one of us newbies. We, usually, have more time and are willing to go above and beyond to get the job done.

Archived