Buyer threatning to leave negative review

msjamil

Hi, I’m new here at fiverr. So a client asked me to do a task and I sent him the document before time. He said there is something wrong so send again. I sent him solution file thrice and from my side it said your order is delivered. Client insisted that he couldn’t open the file and there is some issue so I must sent him solution file on his email id. I wasn’t sure what to do so I sent emailed him. He went offline and after one hour he says he didn’t get any email. I wasn’t online then so he said he has reported me and leave a bad review. I’m not sure what to do now?

• Like 2

It is against the Fiverr Terms of Service to contact someone off Fiverr and is one of the most strict rules. If you contacted the buyer for any reason including to send a file and you did not have written permission from Fiverr, the buyer
had the right to report it. Your best bet may be just to offer a refund if the buyer hasn’t left feedback yet.

It is very hard to help you with delivery in a forum environment. Perhaps you sent a file in a format the client cannot open. There isn’t enough information here to really advise you. Regardless, your situation is now very complicated and you probably should also submit a ticket to Customer Support.

• Like 1

I bet it was an Apple user with a need for a .pages document. For future reference, if you’re using MS Word and they use Apple Pages, you need to rename all pages files to .rar and then extract a crappy shot of whatever their thing was, and when delivering, use .rtf which Apple’s word processor will recognize (along with just about all others on the market, I believe).

Most likely your buyer is a mean thicko. Trust me, it’s quicker to do this than dance around their special needs. If they can’t open the file, always ask them what they’re using to open the file and Google it.

Oh, and don’t do external comms. That’s never a good idea 🙂

• Like 1

Yes, I did face such situation once with a buyer who was as @emmaki said, an Apple user. He couldn’t open the spreadsheet I send him. When I tried to save my job in Excel ‘Macintosh’ format the whole file format changes.
When after sending the file several times, he complaining that he couldn’t open the file still. I asked him about the OS he is using, than he informed about the Apple issue.
I searched some app for apple to open the MS office and send him the link to download and update.
Lucky that he didn’t threat me rather post a positive review.

For you, contact CS asap. Never go for external communication with buyer. This is against the ToS of fiverr.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

@fonthaunt Can I have any suggestion on this?

Hello,

I need help or suggestion. One of my client bought my gig and I did everything correctly. But due to his server issue everything got deleted and he cancelled order that time. I got cancellation, but I was right from my stand. Then again he contacted me and said that his issue is fixed and ordered again. I did everything on correct way and it was successful. Then I delivered his work. But he didn’t give me review then. Now again he is asking me do the same process again as he deleted the website and reconstructed it (he stated, he was having server problem. That’s why he deleted and reconstructed again.) Now he is asking me to do the same again but with no order, just asking me to do it 3rd time. He told me or he will give bad review.

Is this fair enough? I have done the job for twice, but paid only once and again he is asking to do it again without payment. I am not here to offer freebie but his bad review will hamper my account as I have 5 Star reviews right now.

Please help me or suggest me what I can do.

Thanks In Advance

@fonthaunt Can I have any suggestion on this?

Hello,

I need help or suggestion. One of my client bought my gig and I did everything correctly. But due to his server issue everything got deleted and he cancelled order that time. I got cancellation, but I was right from my stand. Then again he contacted me and said that his issue is fixed and ordered again. I did everything on correct way and it was successful. Then I delivered his work. But he didn’t give me review then. Now again he is asking me do the same process again as he deleted the website and reconstructed it (he stated, he was having server problem. That’s why he deleted and reconstructed again.) Now he is asking me to do the same again but with no order, just asking me to do it 3rd time. He told me or he will give bad review.

Is this fair enough? I have done the job for twice, but paid only once and again he is asking to do it again without payment. I am not here to offer freebie but his bad review will hamper my account as I have 5 Star reviews right now.

Please help me or suggest me what I can do.

Thanks In Advance

How old is your unreviewed order?

If it is 30 days or older buyer cannot leave a review or change the already wrote review

Also, you should report the buyer behaviour to support immediately

• Like 1

How old is your unreviewed order?

If it is 30 days or older buyer cannot leave a review or change the already wrote review

Also, you should report the buyer behaviour to support immediately

Thank you for the response. It has not exceeded 30 days. And I was thinking to go to fiverr. But they always support or protect the buyers. That’s why confused. But I am right from my stand. Already did the same work for twice but got payment for once and now he messed the website and now asking me to do it again or he will give a bad review 😦

• Like 1

Thank you for the response. It has not exceeded 30 days. And I was thinking to go to fiverr. But they always support or protect the buyers. That’s why confused. But I am right from my stand. Already did the same work for twice but got payment for once and now he messed the website and now asking me to do it again or he will give a bad review 😦

You should contact support asap

• Like 1

Threatening to leave bad review to get more work done is a tos violation by buyer

• Like 1

Conversation seems to have moved here:
favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Done same thing twice for client and asking again to do it or he will give me...

Hello, I need help or suggestion. One of my client bought my gig and I did everything correctly. But due to his server issue everything got deleted and he cancelled order that time. I got cancellation, but I was right from my stand. Then again he...

• Like 1