A question to the fellow designers

deesajn

I have a question to other designers. How does look like your process of delivering the final design to your client. Do you propose them several options and let them choose? Do you let them for some number of free changes? I always create several designs, like 6 to sometimes 20, I also don’t charge for the review, mainly because I feel that it’s my fault that design is not how it should be, on another hand I am afraid that if I won’t let them, they will give me a negative comment. What do you think?

Hi, I do provide 3 conceptual sketches for logo gigs. If the buyer is still unsure, I design each and provide watermark preview to the buyer so he can’t use them all at the price of 1. So then they choose 1. If that is final and no further modification of that 1 is requested, I remove watermark and provide the original logo.

P.S. When they order, I tell them this policy that I’ll remove watermark once they make a selection. Some people like 2 of them and some like all of em. That time I charge extra.

I am not a designer per se, but I’m an illustrator.
I always give my client a sort of ‘heads up’ sketch prior to delivery just to make sure if what he mentioned in the documents were correct and thats the image he/she is looking for. For gigs that has a large scene art involved I always give the client about 3-4 thumbnail sketches for him/her to choose from.

My modification policy is quite strict , it was quite loose before but when a client was quite abusive about it (asking for several modification after delivery even though I gave him initial sketches for approval). My modification policy now is I show my client Thumbnail Sketches->Detailed sketch-> Color Base->Prefinalization -> And finalization. Anything in between I allow major modifications But when it reaches the finalization stage I don’t allow any other modification unless its minor ones. (like a change in color in the eye or something).

I design flyers and since this takes a lot of time, of course I cant make multiple designs. Thats why I ask the buyer for detailed instruction, a sample maybe. I rather focus 100% on one design to make it perfect, rather than making 3 low quality. Most of my buyers are very happy and understand my work policy. If they don`t like, of couse I offer free modifications. I would through the whole process with the buyer so he/she get what he wants.

Archived