Do you advertise your gigs?

salidarvuelta

Well, lucky you. In MY case, my market is much more narrow than yourse. And after two years of consistent 5 star ratings, replying to everyone in les than 20 minutes, delivering in one hour most of the gigs, overdelivering when possile, trying to give an honest and polished work, strugling with the keywords, videos, descriptions and so and so on, my gigs are stuck in the second page, whereas those of newer sellers with poorer rating, poorer keywords, no vídeo, are shown first, God knows why. So I’m looking for ways to find those customers that later on, hopefuly, will advertirse me. Because Fiverr doesn’t bring them.
Sorry for my English.

I read from a TRS that he created a blog about his work and updates it regularly. He has his Fiverr link on it and he now gets something like 50% of his orders from the blog.
Planning to try it but just don’t have the time yet! It is probably a bit more of a long term investment of your time but it is essentially free to do.

I think there is a lot to be said for having a blog that you regularly post on. Translation and proofreading are what I do, not exactly easy to blog about but I know that I can definitely give advice, talk about any interesting jobs I’ve done recently and speak generally about issues relating to these. While it is never going to set Google on fire with SEO, if I am posting regularly about this in my networks, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc then those who know me will see me as the “voice of authority” on the subject. This means that those people will come to me when they need the service.
If I am just sitting there with a link to my gig on my profile, then they will either never notice or perhaps not want to take a chance on me as they don’t know what my work is like.
To go back to your original point in the article, ads might have a chance on Google, but who on earth would like to like a page called “Eoin Finnegan Translation Services” or something like that?

Well my thought is, if they’re taking out such a huge % per sale, they better be marketing my gigs too. I got 99% of my orders all through Fiverr. Why spend anything when they market my services for me? I mean, you get occasional hassle buyers but in general, it’s marketed fairly decently although… occasionally when sales are probably down, I am pretty sure they market their Fiverr service to “less then reputable” as I would put it markets as at times… I seem to get surges of bad buyers almost always at the same time, and always from specific target countries.

Archived