Do you double check your revenues? If so, how do you do it quickly and easily?

sue_mcl

After seeing the post about sellers revenues not showing correctly, I decided to check mine and am a bit freaked out that they are wrong right now! I don’t usually do a separate double check of my revenues, as assumed a site as large as fiverr wouldn’t have revenue errors and would accurately list all funds owed to its freelancers 😦 (Plus it seems like a really onerous admin job :/)

If you do a separate double check to make sure everything is accurate, can you tell me how you do it? Do you have every order manually downloaded to some kind of separate spreadsheet and you update it if it changes (ie a customer changes extras?) do you double check each and every time the individual order clears? Do you do it daily? Weekly? Monthly?

If anyone has any tips on how to do this quickly and effectively (without getting bogged down in extra hours of work just to check what I thought would already be accurate) that would be great.

Also, if you’ve had errors in your revenues, what has happened? Was it always missing funds, or does it go the other way? Did the errors correct themselves in time or do you need to contact customer support and get them to fix it?

I have a spreadsheet where I encode my orders and earnings in, it’s sort of like a to-do list for me, so I know when I’ve delivered an order and what orders I haven’t delivered. At the same time it summarizes the values for me, I make sure everything adds up to my total revenues earned and pending clearance. Right now, I’m pretty sure the Fiverr system is messed up. Hopefully the issue gets fixed asap!

Hello.I am using the power of paper and a pen.When the order is fully completed by the buyer I am just writing it in my notebook for managing orders.
Example:
Cover = 5$ if he ordered an extra I will just change the number.
Also good thing is to write the buyer name but I personally don’t want to use it.Just try to manage and write all of your order let’s say from 23rd of Nov to 23rd of Dec and then you just withraw your funds and calculating it.It’s 5 min job per day!

Good luck and best regards,
Getoffice Team!

I have been tracking my revenues on an excel sheet for quite some time now. When I deliver an order I copy and paste the order number, clients user name, revenue and the date on the spreadsheet. When the payment is cleared, I highlight the order number. Personally I have never had a problem with revenues missing or not being accurate. Hope that helps 😉

I had a weird decimal problem, then I had weird amounts…for example, on a fiverr five dollar order, I get 4 dollars, but it was showing as 3.65. It seems to me they hold a lot of it for clearance for a long time. I would think that clearance problems are on fiverr, not us, and we should have cleared funds immediately.After all, payment is between the customer and fiverr, not the freelancer and the customer…
Maybe fiverr needs to hire some of the awesome techies selling on their site to correct these errors…

Archived