How do Top Rated Sellers manage order workloads?

flatpp

To all the Top Rated Sellers: how do you manage to keep your orders on time and keep customers happy?

I look on some profiles to find several orders in the queue, with some having offering tight deadlines, and even tighter ones for a gig extra! I certainly don’t ever get that amount. Its somewhat alarming but sometimes sort of good because people are choosing you in a way. One example is a voice over gig which always, always has orders in a queue with 24 hours delivery. That is amazing! I definitely ordered that gig one time and it was great, but if baffles me how he can do it in such a short time and with so many other orders piling up.

Also, on them gigs are lots and lots of feedback; So many glowing reviews! Apart from really silly negatives and 3-4 star reviews. They look great and I definitely would buy them.

From my experience it’s all about finding a system that works. This includes being able to handle the standard order volume your gig receives, being able to deliver on time, answer messages, and take care of revisions.

I think every seller has a different system depending on their exact gig but perfecting this system is what makes top sellers in staying consistent with their deliveries.

It’s all about deadlines. When you look at manage sales, you see when everything’s due. So you deliver at least 24/hours before it’s due.

This is the kind of review you want to get:

" Delivered unique ideas (more than promised and a day early). " (5-stars)

Another trick is to work within categories. So first you do all your headline gigs, then all your brand name gigs, etc. That way you’re always working from the same folders (I hope you’re saving your work) and don’t have to wonder where you put this or that.

Sellers also like to build queues, that’s why we don’t always deliver right away. If buyers see a queue of 5, 10, 15, etc, they’re more likely to order.

Now if I ever find myself getting 30-50 orders a day, I think I will extend my delivery time from 3-days to 7 days, or I will have to work 8-hours a day.

I’m not a top rated seller per se, but I have been handling about 10 + gigs at a given time.
I would say its all about managing and ‘controlling’ the flow of gigs coming in. Either you extend delivery time, Increase gig extra cost, or get some friends to help you out. It really depends on the nature of your gigs and figuring out what works for you. Pausing or putting your profile in vacation mode from time to time can control the inflow of buyers as well.

Most sellers especially in the TRS area of things minimize the time investment and are in fact, spending less time than a lot of other sellers. There is one I am aware of that literally spends 5 to 25 minutes depending on the size of the orders, where-as I know other LV1 and 2 sellers that sometimes exceed over an hour of time investment to get one gig in. Utilize your time properly and there you go, this is how they manage it.

It’s all about communication and delivery timeframe.

I am sure many buyers glance over my gigs due to timeframe but I not only work on Fiverr but have a part-time job, off-Fiverr work and family to contend with. On top of that, most of my orders on Fiverr are bulk - meaning more than 1 or 2 articles at a time needs to be rewritten.

So, even though 15 days may seem like a long time, it’s really not. It just means that if a buyer has a bulk order, I won’t get stuck with a bunch of articles to do in a short time period. Quality suffers, and that hurts me more than my timeframe.

I manage it easily as i do fiverr full time. However sometime when i get loads of orders i simply extend the deliver time or even suspend the gig for special holidays.

A good communication with buyer will also let you extend delivery time without any issue 🙂

Communications is more important than delivering the completed order on deadline. I do sometime gets late but i communicate with buyers and tell them the genuine reason. They do understand and appreciate that i have let them know about being a bit late.

Under promise - Over-deliver . ALWAYS hit your deadlines. They need to be realistic, that is my first rule. Know how long it will take you to do a specific gig, work in some wiggle room to cushion delivery time for that picky client, so you don’t other projects delayed to to revisions of the first customer.

When hit by a particularly heavy load, begin to adjust the delivery times for new gigs that may come up, if only by a day or too, so you don’t get overwhelmed.

Factor in the work you may be getting from other sources. For me this is EXTREMELY important, as I, like many others here use other Freelancing sources, which bring me in a lot of business outside of Fiverr, so it’s always a balancing act.

Deliver earlier than promised.

~Michael Stone~ (Mychael628)

Hello everyone,

I first discus the project with my client thoroughly ( mostly for custom orders - which I get a lot) to understand their requirement - then I make an estimation of the time necessary to fulfil it the ad 12 hours to that to be on the safe side, but then when I have a project I can’t take it of my mind unless I am done with it 🙂 …and I normally finish it on nearly half of the time … and if I have several orders from same client I separate the orders and space the date of delivery between them by 2 days.

Plus keeping a fluid communication with my clients through out the project is very important.

It’s another story with a pre-set projects, as you have it saved and all you have you to do is change the text and logo and that’s quick! Or if using sites that have a pre set models and all what’s required is insert pic’s and text … and it does all the rest . then it’s possible to have several orders going on the same time.

Cheers

I am not always on my computer so I use my Fiverr app to stay on top of what is coming in. I also do a lot of my work between 5 a.m. and 7 a.m. and so I can get things done before my kids are up. For me the things I want to get done the most are best done early in the morning so I make it a priority.

Communication! Communication! Communication! Although you should strive to always make your deadlines there will come times when you just can’t meet it. Never be afraid to communicate with the customer that you might be a little late and give them the reason why. Unless they are on a strict deadline themselves many of them will be appreciative that you took the time to inform them. I inform all my potential customers that I require them to be available throughout the order process so I can ask them questions and receive their suggestions about their order. It makes the whole experience go smoother and we receive great results because of it.

Communicating with buyers is key. My most popular offer is $105, and it’s common for me to have 3 due a day, every day, so I have to get creative in managing my orders. If one will be late, I ask about the client’s deadline beforehand and offer them additional value to compensate for the time.

I have my own account rep, and I have proposed a system that we can control the dollar amount of orders we accept each day based on our schedules, and the developers are working on it now. I’m hoping that is implemented soon.

I make sure I put my gig on a delivery time I can actually hit, especially since I end up doing a lot of huge custom offers (proofreading) that take me up to a week to complete along with my other work. I always leave my 24-hour delivery on since it’s 2 extra gigs, and I generally try to deliver on those within 12 hours. I also communicate with my clients very well. Good luck to all of you!

Archived