Graphic Designer, don't sell your creativity so cheap!

dusuacangmon

I think I have 97 or 98 rating. Had a one client to who I delivered a work and revision and didn t wanna cancel simply because they threaten me with a bad review, so I was just like fine, review me and don t forget to show image for which you are giving a bad review. 🙂

Now, suggestion to how to start a group, ask administration about it, I am not sure can CS answer that question. Does admin has a twitter or FB public for fiverr users? Or something like that? It would be wise to actually have a solution for every possible question and make him/her presentation of how would that group function and what is the purpose of it. As well we can ask a forum moderators to suggest admin to read this thread, hence admins don t really read forum threads. That way we can straight away get an answer to it and actually discus it.

Thanks, I know Fiverr disproves of outside link, but I needed it to make a point.

P.S. Naming Force has a version for logo designers, these people submit logos for free for a chance to win $250 to $500. However, sometimes you have over 1,000 people submitting entries, and then everyone who wants to can vote, so your chances of winning are zilch.

That’s why I love Fiverr, here I always win (unless the client demands a refund). On Naming Force, I haven’t won once.

Actually, they’ve loosened up on unshortened links if they don’t break rules, are reasonably relevant to discussion and don’t look potentially harmful or spammy. 🙂

The Naming Force thing reminds me of similar social media contests. Most of those just aren’t worth the effort. I agree that Fiverr beats that!

Hi Magy,

I’ve suggested on the other “group” thread that you guys contact Customer Support to ask. The forum admins only have direct abilities on forum issues and our staff contact is only for forum support. When I have a non-forum question or issue, I also just submit a ticket. CS may not be able to answer as you said, but unlike us, they can forward your question to other departments. Fiverr staff does have accounts on Twitter and Facebook but I think those places would have character limits.

Fiverr staff does occasionally also review one part of the forum, the Suggestion Box, but they rarely reply there. It’s more for ideas than discussion. Good luck!

Maddie “FontHaunt”

You’re focusing on the mechanics and not the design. Of course you need 300+ dpi to print and 72 dpi for online, and you need to understand the difference between CMYK, RGB, etc. However, you also need a GREAT DESIGN, and that’s where it becomes subjective since we all define greatness in different ways.

For example, I like this logo for Cork & Cow
logotentips-15.jpg

Let’s assume the mechanics are wrong, that they’re using the wrong brown color, that the dpi is not high enough. So what? That’s fixable. What is unfixable is a crappy logo, one so bad you have to start from scratch.

• 1 year later...

Please dont sell your creativity for such cheap price, I request Fiverr to not spoil the design industry… Review your rates… and I request all the designer to charge reasonable rates from their clients for their work. Respect your talent and don’t sell your creativity for such a cheap price.

“that mean he/she sell their gig so cheap and it lead to poor quality of gig”

No, that means the buyer didn’t like it. You may think you’re a great graphic designer, but you’re going to have clients that hate your work. If it hasn’t happened yet, don’t worry, it will happen, and then you’ll wonder why did you spent all that time for a client that demanded a refund or gave you one star.

Quality is subjective, the London 2012 Olympics logo cost $400,000 to develop, and it was widely hated.

http://static1.businessinsider.com/assets/images/us/favicons/favicon-32x32.png?v=BI-US-2017-06-22Business Insider

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/4f15d90b6bb3f79b69000009-1190-625/15-worst-corporate-logo-fails.jpg

15 Worst Corporate Logo Fails

What were they thinking?

Others hate the Sherwin-Williams logo because it’s covering the earth in paint. I don’t mind, but again, whether a logo is good or bad is based on OPINION, not fact.

In conclusion, for some graphic designers it’s wroth charging $5, let them be.

Here you say that buyer doesn’t like their work so why you always order those who always have order in queue means either new seller sell poor quality or high rated sellers say great quality.

Here you say that buyer doesn’t like their work so why you always order those who always have order in queue means either new seller sell poor quality or high rated sellers say great quality.

Don’t know what you mean. I buy based on my budget, the portfolio samples, and the reviews. Sometimes I take my chances with a new seller, sometimes I don’t.

If someone charges a commercial license, I’m avoid that seller because there are other sellers who don’t charge for a license and I don’t believe in them.

It’s true that seeing orders in the seller’s queue is exciting, but it’s not a guarantee that I will buy.

Archived