Buyer unresponsive and delivery is in the next 3 hours

flatpp

Hello,

I am asking for advice regarding an project I am creating. The buyer has requested a revision and has yet to provide me information regarding what I need to modify. I have already messaged him that the deadline is today and that I need information to continue. He has not responded yet.

The final delivery is expected at 21:00 UK Time. If he has not responded by then, what can I do so I do not get penalized?

He has already stated he is busy so I am taking that into account. I do also take time zones into account and from what I gather, he is in the US.

Deliver as before, and make sure to mention that you have tried several times to contact him/her with no response. It all needs to be documented in your messages (which is probably is if you’ve been trying) in case you need to contact Customer Support at any time, or in case the buyer complains. Be polite but mention it.

I don’t entirely disagree with the others but I will mention that delivering without a full delivery can be risky even if you cover yourself. I understand it’s not your fault and usually CS will see it that way too. Since it’s against the letter of the ToS, though, if they want to be sticklers they can.

Personally, if it was me, I’d have already tried offering a mutual cancellation before it got this close to see if that cancel offer would get the buyer’s attention. I’m not saying I would have let it run all the way to a non-mutual cancellation and I would also contact CS right away if you haven’t yet. So far I’ve found that just offering the cancellation gets the buyer’s attention in many cases, although of course you stand the risk of them being annoyed and accepting it. Just weigh risk vs. reward on all the scenarios and pick as best you can! Good luck!

Archived