Sellers Completing Gigs when not fished

adbyits

Hi all i am new here so please forgive me if this is normal, i have comes across this twice now the first time i didnt mind it was one extra day but the 2nd time was well over the eta for the gig and still wasnt complete, Sellers completing GIGs and then sending me a message to say its ok i am going to continue work i just didnt want to stats effected. I am also a seller its kinda sending the wrong message and not using the system correctly right???

I agree with you. I think partial deliveries are still basically “empty” deliveries, especially if the seller does it without even a discussion.

I detest being late myself, so if a rare incident happens and I’m delayed I contact the buyer as early in the process as possible. I offer a cancellation with a suggestion to have the buyer re-order and I explain the current ETA. If I’m less than a few hours from done or if partial delivery is still a useful item, some buyers have asked me to deliver partials with the rest coming very shortly since reordering is inconvenient. If they ask, I’ll do it and often include a little extra to thank them.

When I buy and a seller tries to deliver empty without asking, I am slightly flexible for a brief time but lack of communication including agreement is the biggest deal breaker.

I would suggest not accepting empty deliveries such as this. Sellers try to do this to me frequently, and I will always press the modification request button. I’m happy to give them more time (sometimes) but not happy to have a delivered order sitting there when they haven’t done what they said they would do (and often with no communication)

I’m a seller also, and sometimes I’m late (after it’s been okay’d by the buyer) but I just let them sit there in my queue as late. My stats are ultimately affected, but bottom line is, I didn’t complete the order on time, the customer has said yes to more time and well it just seems wrong empty delivering something.

To me, its because of time zone difference.

I have come across this kind of situation many times when buyer was unresponsive and I have a few hours/minutes on the order and unfortunately I have to deliver it.

Once buyer is online, he requests the modification and then I start work and complete.

By this way, I never had a negative review.

It really depends on the seller. I send out a lot of offers and put in a random time and often times people accept the offer but their work requires more time than that mentioned on the offer. So I just send them a message and ask them if it’s all right to deliver and it’s obviously understandable if they’re uncomfortable. But most of the time they’re okay with it and even leave me good reviews (and tips sometimes) when I complete their job a little out of time. But, for a buyer’s safety, I Fiverr has a 13 day clearance period during which the buyer can raise any issues they’ve got with the seller and the seller won’t be paid. Hope I could help.

krishna.

I am a seller here in fiverr. I offer web research and Typing service to my buyers.
Being a seller, I don’t think this is right and against the ToS of fiverr. If there is any issue to extend the time, we can send a message to the buyer explaining the situation. I did this to my buyers once and they happily allow me time for the delivery.
If any issue of checking and approval to continue the job, I think we can send the sample job as attachment and send a message seeking the approval to the buyer.
But delivering an incomplete job is not right.

Archived