November, slow month for sale at graphic design?

dusuacangmon

There are also theories on here that frequent cancellations or late deliveries affect your performance. All we can do is guess 'cause there is no official info regarding to how it really works. :)) I thought about turning off my extra fast delivery extras and increase my delivery time to 4-5 days so I could work while traveling without activating the vacation mode, but then “long” deliveries can probably affect the gig popularity as well, who knows.

My inbox was pretty busy when the vacation mode was activated, actually. I even started to suspect people couldn’t see my status or something. It was more active than it is now, that’s for sure. :))

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

I “suspect” that the main reason for less orders is, that the Fiverr search is “not working as it should”. A lot of searches with more than one search term (2 words or more) don´t deliver results or “strange” results, that have not much or nothing to do with the search.

If you go to a specific category and search there (not on the whole site) then the results are “better” and often they are as they should be.

Anybody else with this experience?

I was facing the same problem during the starting of October. And now again at the end of the November same problem. No new potential buyers. But now it seems common. That there are times when you are getting too much workload. And immediately after that time comes and that is “dry spell”. Faced this situation many times. But I thought it was just me who is facing this problem. 😛 Hopefully I am feeling great with my returning clients. As i am having a lot works from them.

Same here. TRS slow too the last 7/8 days.
Always gets better after the calm periods but until they get more staff that can focus on online marketing and another staff that can attend events only, then the traffic of the site will suffer, especially during a holiday weekend in the US.

Low # of order and low # of messages. It’s TRS, level 2, and pretty much most right now. Hang in there, I’m sure there will be a marketing push once they see the end of the month #'s for November.

DTong

Same here. TRS slow too the last 7/8 days. This happens and then there is a surge but Fiverr marketing team is focused on the Sweater Party so it’s taking away marketing and focus on other categories and subcategories. Their twitter manager has only made about 4 tweets in the last 3 days which doesn’t help because w/ now over 100K dedicated followers, they can post more and market a different subcategory everyday if not twice a day and it will bring traffic/attention to each fairly…

They are focused hard on the Times Square and local New York events that with low staff numbers and the holidays combined, we are getting no new buyers or new people to the site. They say the 60 million with bring more freelancers to fiverr but what good is that when there are no buyers…just a ton of sellers scrambling to hold on to their repeat business and having to devalue their services to compete.

Always gets better after the calm periods but until they get more staff that can focus on online marketing and another staff that can attend events only, then the traffic of the site will suffer, especially during a holiday weekend in the US.

Low # of order and low # of messages. It’s TRS, level 2, and pretty much most right now. Hang in there, I’m sure there will be a marketing push once they see the end of the month #'s for November.

DTong

Same here ! last two weeks no order at all! I have a cancellation from one buyer for late delivery i thought this affects on my gig though it wasn’t intentionally i was overwhelmed. Do you think guys this affects on my gig to not getting order? need some suggestion from the experts.
Thanks in advance

Top Rated Sellers have more repeat business and have had built up a clientele to carry them through dry spells, however, we are also experiencing a slow period so hopefully that changes your perception on TRS and gives you some security in knowing that we ALL are experiencing minimal sales and inquiries. 🙂

This happens every year, folks. And every year it is talked about in the forum. You just have to clench your rump cheeks and ride it out. I highly recommend using the free time to improve your gigs, so that when things pick back up, your new customers will see an improved gig display.

I also figure out one possible reason. New Packages option is not available on mobile apps unless apps are updated. If app is not updated it show some weird pricing with gig which might be the reason buyers are not placing orders. Might be a possible reason.

Archived