How do I link to my portfolio? Fiverr doesn't seem to like this

starlikewords

So I haven’t made any Fiverr sales yet and I figured that my credibility was one of the problems. I set out to include a link to my Tumblr where I’m generally active and post a lot of art. However, I received this message:

“We just noticed that your user description contained a URL or contact/personal information. Please re-write your user description without such info. If you wish to display samples of your work, you may use a link to flickr (for photos, illustrations, and graphics) or YouTube (for video, audio, and animation). All communications, ordering, delivery, and payments must be completed exclusively within fiverr.com

However, flickr is for photography and does not seem appropriate to serve as a portfolio for illustration. YouTube is similarly not a good platform to showcase art.

Seeing that there is a limit on the amount of examples you can post per gig, what is a good alternative around this? How do I link my portfolio?

You could write to Customer Support and ask for permission on a tumblr link as long as it has no contact page/button or off-Fiverr contact info. They might give you permission or they might not. Overall the links that are allowed are your best option, though, even if you don’t prefer them. If you include contact info even on pre-approved links that can also have account repercussions.

Archived