My feedback for a mutually cancelled gig

vpnstlouis

Since I cannot leave feedback for a mutually cancelled gig, I will post my experience here. I have had very good luck with logo design and vector graphic work done on Fiverr, so I decided to try some other services. We are launching a web site and I needed someone to PROOF the 10 pages of Terms of Service/Use I had already created. I specifically sought out an English speaker based in the United States, but that obviously was not the case. Here is the comment I made on my cancellation request. Since the seller instantly agreed without comment, I assume I am correct:

“It is obvious that my original terms of service document has been put through an online language translator, modified, and then converted back. The original language I provided has been rendered unreadable. I have no revisions to suggest because the entire document is useless. Since prior reviews of this seller have been favorable, and only one negative review has been posted since I started my order, this account may have been hijacked or has changed hands to a less qualified seller.”

This seller will continue on Fiverr without buyers having the benefit of my experience, and I think that is a blindspot in the Fiverr experience.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I would suggest that there is not much point in seeking out users on their location as 1. Where people live is no indicator of level of service and 2. I’m sure people can change what location shows up if they really want to.
For gigs where language is important such as translation, proofreading or writing, I suggest asking them to do short sample of 150-200 words, depending on the size of the gig. Those are the gigs I offer and I am happy to offer custom samples for larger jobs as long as it is a fair amount. For 10 pages on an important document like that, I would happily do a sample.

Archived