How to withdraw the money from Fiverr to PayPal

limac9

Hi Everybody,

I recently hired a designer here on Fiverr.

For several reasons I had to cancel the contract. The seller agreed for the cancellation and the money got released from the contract and now is sitting in my Fiverr account.

HOW DO I WITHDRAW MY MONEY BACK TO MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT?

Thank you.

Welcome to the club buddy, you just got fiverred! This system sucks, it’s worse than a bank … Who reads the TOS anyway ??? Nobody, we assume that a company have ETHICS and morals and don’t expect such büllsh!t to happen. I feel you pain my friend I was in the same situation. It’s the same everywhere with those TOS, every damn website from the tech industry abuse their clients/visitors with insane conditions.

The terms of credit payment are clearly outlined within Fiverr terms of service (which you are prompted to read and agree to during initial registration). This isn’t really a question of ethics - it would be unethical to keep balances as credit if this wasn’t outlined or agreed to at signup but every user is fully informed before having the ability to place an order.

Having orders returned as credit really isn’t a new thing or solely available just on Fiverr. Many online platforms work this way, with some having a minimum withdrawal amount.

If you placed an order and received a refund, it wouldn’t be outlandish to suggest you wanted something but what you received didn’t match that. The great thing about Fiverr is that it’s a community driven platform with multiple users. So, if one user doesn’t work out, simply use those funds to place your order with another and still receive what you originally wanted. Unlike a solely driven service/product platform, where there are no alternatives and the only way to use credit is to purchase something entirely different.

As a buyer, as well as a seller, if I receive a refund that money always goes back into buying a similar service from another seller (as I still want the service). I can’t really imagine a scenario where a buyer purchases something and then never wants that service again (i.e. I buy a logo, I don’t like it and the seller kindly offers a refund which they aren’t required to do. I then buy the logo from another seller to see a preferred iteration). End result - I receive 2x the service I paid for and end with a product I like and a product I learned from (seemingly risk free as the seller returned my monies).

Contact support. I requested that my $10 from a cancelled order be returned to my account, and they did so. I took ages for them to respond to the support ticket, but they did eventually do it. They also returned their fee/cut, so it was actually a bit more than $10. I didn’t need to make threats myself, but if they do refuse you, check your laws. In the UK, we have 14 days to get a refund, and you can’t wave something like that away in the Terms and Conditions.

That’s a nice way of putting it, but ultimately Fiverr just wants the money to be in their pockets. It’s not always the case where you cancel an order due to not liking the product, there could be a change in your own curcumestances and so you can no longer afford the gig (Bearing in mind not all are just 5 dollars, I recently put an order through for 35 dollars, and if I went with all options it would have been 135. In my case I’m happy to go ahead with that, but let’s say I lost my job (god forbid), and I decided that that money could be better spent buying a new suit and travel to interviews, then it’d be pretty useless as fiverr credit even if the seller was to kindly accept a cancellation.

Another situation, one that did happen to me, is the site bugging up and placing the exact order twice. This happened because I put an order in my basket, refreshed the page and checked the basket to make sure it had gone in, and when I saw it haddened I did the order again. Having set it with the one click payment, the order went through twice without me haven’t an option to review my order and spot the mistake until it was too late.

Even the need for the gig in the first place might dissapear. To use your example of a logo: I could order one in a gig. I then realise that my friend is a pretty good designer and I ask him to do one instead. I explain to the buyer that I don’t actually need the logo, and if all goes well they accept a cancellation. Why would I then put that money on another logo?

I’ve waffled on, but the short of it is that it’s unreasonable to assume every seller will purchase the same product again and so doesn’t need a proper refund. It’s just an excuse to avoid losing any money.

In regards to the logo design scenario you put there. Is there a consideration for the fact they seller may already be actively working on your delivery and put in the time (although it isn’t yet fully completed to be delivered).

I can understand why there may be a grievance in that scenario for the buyer but it also seems that grievance is caused due to their own mistake or change of circumstance, something out of both the seller’s and Fiverr’s control.

Which has nothing to do with the argument, the argument being the money returns back to fiverr to spend on another gig. It was just an example, and as I said “If the seller kindly accepts a cancellation”. The seller might indeed decide that they put in enough work to warrant refusing the cancellation, which is fair enough. But that doesn’t change my point, if the cancellation IS accepted, it is ridiculous that the buyer doesn’t get a proper refund.

Why should that matter? I don’t think I’m getting my point across properly.

We are talking about the customer not getting a proper refund, in a situation where they have had a cancellation.

The reason for the cancellation doesn’t matter, I just chose that one as an example, I’m sure there are plenty of good reasons for a cancellation as well (I did also mention about double orders, due to a mistake on the website, not the buyer or sellers responsibility).

The talk about who’s fault the cancellation is is another matter entirely. If the cancellation is the buyers fault, the money should still go to the seller, not as credit so another seller can get it, in order to make sure Fiverr still makes their cut :).

You say it’s not product driven, but Fiverr would be nothing without the product. And as shellyhowey said, he decided to go elsewhere, and thus the money being left in his account is useless.

Out of curiosity shelleyhowey, are you in the UK?

If so, you’re entitled to a refund within 14 days for anything bought over the internet, and you don’t even need to give a reason. It doesn’t matter if the seller is outside of the UK either. Nor does it matter what Fiverr’s terms and conditions are, they can’t change that right and so they won’t hold up in court.

By product driven, I mean it isn’t a case of Fiverr being a store with products A, B, C & D. If A has issues, you have no alternative as A is the only option for what you want.

Instead, it’s community driven where you have sellers A, B, C & D who may themselves offer numerous iterations of the product/service A - so if one service isn’t to your liking, there are many other options available for the same service from a different seller.

I’m not really sure why we’re getting into semantics but I hope that clarifies my wording.

In regards to the 14 day refund, yes you can chase that up with card provider if you so wish but that would then be actioned as a ‘chargeback’, and see possible limitations put on your Fiverr account.

The platform itself does not need to provide refunds. Take a look at ebay as an example, there are many options to list products and offer a no return/refund policy which is clear before ordering.

We clearly don’t agree of the subject and I think everything that could be said has, so I’m gonna come out of the rabbit hole!

I didn’t mean to go into semantics, I understand your point now that you’ve clarified it and admit my misinterpretation. Although I feel I could argue further on Fiverr limiting ones account due to making a chargeback, I think I’ll leave it there and not bother. It’s been fun to debate with you either way, it’s not often I can argue with someone and both sides be civil throughout 🙂

I’d like to also point out that I don’t actually have much of an issue with Fiverr, I still use it and will continue to do so. I simply saw an opportunity for a debate and took it. Of course, I still stand by any points I’ve made.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried this and had it work?
The reason I’m asking is because I thought the seller payments and cancelled payments went into differet “wallets” so to speak, and you could only withdraw from the seller one. I might be wrong though. Rather, it’d be great if I’m wrong, it’ll be useful to remember next time I have to cancel.

Archived