How do I work with buyers who fail to communicate properly and timely?

mgtheboss

Ladies & Gentlemen,

There are buyers who don’t communicate properly and never give requested information on time. Then they come back almost at the end and start complaining and sometimes insulting. They also damage reputation by leaving negative reviews. How should I deal with these buyers and protect my reputation?

There will always be buyers who don’t communicate and fail to provide sufficient information or even bother to read Gig’s description, but you’ll eventually learn how to handle them. If you can’t do the job, it’s better to cancel than to end up with a bad review.

Since you’re new seller, reviews are extra important to you. Be flexible when it’s possible and try to meet the buyer’s needs, cancel the order if you really have to. It won’t always be easy, but every start is tough.

Good luck!

I believe the best approach is to unfortunately add to the CS queue. If you cancel yourself and the buyer does not click accept, if it auto cancels, then that goes against a seller’s ratio.

If you’d rather start the cancel and not to have the worry of it going into late status while you contact support, then that’s a personal choice. I think if a buyer has become unresponsive then CS will help.

It would be good if Fiverr introduces a “requirements not met” button that stops the clock. Less likely but I’d also think that once this button is clicked, after a certain long duration the funds are auto refunded or even some deduction made for taking up seller’s time. This would greatly incentivise people not to make purchases without reading description/requirements, and if they still do, they will have to start the cancel… which then doesn’t count against a seller.

Archived