First week breakdown from a newbie : P

maylorring

I have to say that the concept here is fantastic. Freelancing creative people meets thrift store, but with all the pro’s and a few cons. I like the idea that its a pretty open space for people to exchange service/money (it’s not hard to start one of these), but it is hard to be good at it from what I can tell, like anything.

The restrictions to sellers on gig creation and extra’s is a bit disappointing, but if you have simple services this may not be an issue. I have seen quite a lot about buyer scams. Hopefully that’s not a common deal, but it looks to be mentioned enough to be noted.

Overall I am super excited about my first week here, and I hope everyone else that joins has the same positive experiences that I have.

Guest emmalouva

I have been fairly lucky with all of my buyers - most of them reorder my services time and time again, so it makes turning away anything that might be a little sketchy much easier.

Once you ‘level up’ you’ll be awarded a little bit more freedom as far as # of gigs and extras offered.

Best of luck!

Overall, Fiverr is a great place to get a business going. With some care, you can avoid the average bad buyer.

If I had some advice to offer if you want success, it would be to change or add some gigs. What you have up now is a very limited niche and already over-utilized. You might find success with it but it won’t be easy.

Gigs that are considered “adult” are disallowed on Fiverr. Yours are in a grey (borderline) area so you probably won’t run into too much trouble unless multiple people report you. That also means, though, the forum is going to be less advantageous to you for advertising than it is for some people since you’ll also offend some people who will complain.

If you have some skills in related areas like marketing, advertising, modeling video testimonials, and you are really the person you claim to be, you’ll have a better chance of success. Look around other gigs that sell well. Good luck.

Archived