Buyer Feedback

bobwillard

We have to step up our game as buyers in the feedback department. I am relatively new to the site and one thing that frustrates me is the lack of informative feedback. “Outstanding” tells me nothing of the experience.

How was the communication? How was the final product? Describe your experience. It helps other buyers make a an informed decision.

The other thing is we give 5 stars our like it is mandatory. I have purchased several gigs where the people were reviewed really well. I know good service is subjective but I can’t see where some of the providers here are 5 star worthy. Lack of communication seems to be the biggest thing I have seen. I also think the final product at times is good but not great. To me 5 stars is you exceeded expectations.

Regardless of how you define it, it you should not be feel obligated to give it to someone. I believe it undermines the quality and value of fiverr. People will get turned off if they keep getting burned by sub-par providers.

I truly enjoy the site and there are some great sellers here. That said, there are some that are good and not great but their ratings do not reflect that. We need fair and honest feedback to help future buyers. Perhaps the sellers will learn something too by this.

P.S.-I also believe you should contact the seller first if you are not happy with a service. Try to work it out with them before you make a final assessment.

Hi,

I see you are very new to fiverr as a buyer and a seller, start selling few gigs and come back to this post you will realize the Importance of 5 stars.

Also sad to hear you received bad service from other sellers, but thats fiverr you need to catch the right fish!

And i hope Fiverr can come up with a new rating system where there will be 7 stars beyond expectation! its like a bonus rating and show on profile how many times you have received that rating not bad right? 🙂

Please understand my intent is not to condemn fiverr. I have been pretty happy here overall with the service I have received. That said I have also learned to be very cautious with ratings. While I appreciate sellers NEED 5 start reviews, we all need to understand why it is important for reviews to be honest. For sellers it gives them opportunity to improve their service. For buyers it gives them confidence in what they are buying. Let the cream rise to the top and that will make fiverr extraordinary.

Archived