FEATURED SELLERS: Why always the same people?

Guest wowyou

Hi all – I keep seeing the same top sellers featured over and over again. Why are the same people constantly featured? This seems to be the case across all categories. It’s as though there’s a list of about 20 people per category and these folks are on weekly rotation to be featured.

It looks as though no one really knows how featured sellers are chosen but I would guess conversion rates and volume of sales are major contributing factors. If the same people are constantly featured, does that not give them an unfair advantage? After all, if you are always featured your conversion rates and volume of sales will definitely be MUCH higher than others in your category.

What do you guys think? By the way, don’t let this be a TRS bashing session. I have noticed many top rated sellers are not ever really featured. So, I don’t think being a TRS automatically qualifies you to be featured constantly. My question is just about why the disproportion?

Hi wowyou,
I doubt that anyone here can answer this question with authority since the choice of Featured sellers is based on editors picks as far as I know. There is no particular formula. Naturally those gigs which always remain featured would have an abundance of sales.

In my estimation, conversion rates, volume of sales, etc. do not seem to correlate with being Featured, although you would naturally see these as being very high simply because these gigs are Featured, not the other way around.

These days I haved given up on the TRS mission its like going on a mission to find the Holy Grail. I just concentrate on doing the best I can and keeping as busy as I can. Maybe one day I will be among the chosen few buy maybe I will not. I cannot control it so my energy is better spent focusing on my clients

Tarnia

Thanks for weighing in guys. I do wish there was more clarity on some of these Fiverr mysteries but I guess some things are just not meant to be understood.

Oh and sorry Admin for originally putting this in the wrong spot. 🙂

Well, I got made TRS out of the blue–I logged in one today and had a pop-up saying that I was a TRS. Can’t recall if I got one for featured seller (just on one gig). I got bombed with orders for 3 months on that one gig and I was finding it hard to keep up, so I raised my times and prices. Now I did that, it’s slowed down (my gigs are all over the place at the moment too).

In short, I know how it looks like that, but the reality is it seems to be the luck of the draw as well as your own hard work. Best anyone can do is keep delivering the best work they can and hope that not too much goes wrong.

I suspect if I put my prices down I’d get more traction again, but I’m happy with my current level. I’ve also had some ill health lately, so I’m less inclined to work when I can lie in bed feeling sorry for myself!

One thing I didn’t see mentioned above was repeat buyers. I think those have a high ranking in the algodoodah.

Yeah, you’re probably right. I’m sure it’s just coincidence.

You may have touched on something there about pricing. I’ve noticed that most of the featured sellers keep prices really low. I wonder if that’s part of the algorithm too? Hmmm…I’m very intrigued by these things for some odd reason. Chalk it up to having too much time on my hands.

Anyway, I’ll keep chugging. Maybe one day I’ll reach TRS nirvana.

I have one question loosely related to the original post but as there was a discussion about levels as well…

Does Fiverr take into consideration the value of the order when picking up whether to award a seller’s level.

If a seller’s individual orders are multiples of $5, then if Fiverr doesn’t already consider this factor, would it be worth contacting CS to put that case forward?

Archived