Why buyers think charging for a revision is not fair?

magy1808

Seriously, I saw few buyers on this forum complaining about how they got charge for a revisions, explaining how that is a scam sellers are doing just to “steal” their money… and how is unfair… So, why do you guys and gals think (if you do) that charging extra for every revision is not fair towards you?

Just be clear, I mean this only in cases where seller didn t offer you inside of his offer unlimited free revisions.

Yeah as an example I was having problems with a buyer today paying $5 for the whole job I think buyers think that because they see on Fiverr websites ( $5 services BUT ACTUALLY NOT EVERYTHING HERE IS FOR $5 ) the buyer was happy in the beginning However, he requested some revisions to be mad I asked for an extra $5 as he didn’t contact me first before he order and he want too much for only $5. The real problem is when Fiverr will stop this? because always they trust buyer not seller at all. somebody will figure it out like buyer = money but not in this way! as I see there are a lot of scammers in buyers side than sellers!

sorry for my bad english

yeah…Well, I usually don t mind doing a lil revision as change some color or something. It would be silly to charge that, we all know it is like few minutes of work. But if it is something where I have to move around whole concept in psd and blah blah blah, like dude, it takes time…

I personally rather make custom offers, and mostly do, like 95% of my selling are custom offers, there I charge way more then $5 and in that kind of package I do as much revisions as someone wants. But yeah as you said in basic GIG doing revisions free is silly.

And my English aint much better… 🙂

exactly!!! I do custom offers as well but just somehow there are buyers who don’t read description don’t contact you until you see them on TO DO list I don’t mind to do unlimited revisions too but in a package like 30$ or $50 and so on, but seriously flyer for $5 with bunch of revisions huh.

I have a buyer who I am on my 6th revision now for one sentence. He wants what I basically posted with my original delivery. But, you know, this was a $175 gig so whatever. The last revision request was in line with what he requested, but now it’s a problem because ‘it doesn’t fit the rest of the article’.

This is a sub-species of the revisioner–they want their money’s worth. The first revision was awesome, I really nailed out a few kinks (I’d had some time away so I had fresh eyes), the second time was a 'seriously? This is one sentence?. This project is now almost a week late over one fucking sentence. And now–he wants that one sentence to say what I wrote in the first delivery.

I won’t redeliver that, of course, but buyers who wonder why sellers get tired of revisionists–this is why we have policies. I don’t, because I get these guys infrequently, but sometimes they take the piss.

Some revisions really are silly…I hate when someone gives me 10 revisions, and all ten of them are like one by one detail, it could have been said and done in one revision, then on the end they go with first delivery -.- Happens when people don t know what they want or wanna test your limits I guess…

FWIW that last statement, regardless of the frustrations we both face here and elsewhere, as buyer and seller, is extremely unprofessional. Not only would I base a decision on this if I were considering you for a “Gig” but Fiverr, for the sake of maintaining respect as a business should remove you and those like you from participating here before members like you hurt their reputation. Is it that you are unaware that these comments can be viewed by all or is it that you just dont care?

hey hey… 🙂 Look, forum is where we talk honestly, everyone have opinions. There is really bad sellers, but there are really bad buyers too. No general rule, bad people everywhere. On the end what matters is how good seller is in what they selling, and how much buyer appreciates it…everything else is actually not so much relevant.

Archived