BIG Fraud By The Buyers....?

funny_video

I was ordered 3 gigs with extras by username "fragglesrock and after delivering completed orders the order has been cancel and amount was refunded really I am surprised. When I searched it is showing “The user account you are looking for is no longer available”. Can any fiverr member suggest me any reason?

Reply to @funny_video: Sorry that happened to you. I guess it’s good to know that from this point on I should expect not to receive payment for a certain percentage of gigs sold just so that I don’t get super angry and blow up at Customer Support (or clog up their ticket system) for no reason. Didn’t even know this was possible, so glad to see this thread and read up on the other one that @madmoo mentioned.

It would be nice if the system was set up so that payments have to completely clear BEFORE work begins (as in, the money has been deemed legit and Fiverr has it in hand before seller is required to start work). Then perhaps there could be a preferred method of funding an account (such as direct from a Paypal balance vs. echeck or credit debit card) so that those who use the preferred method could have their orders started fairly immediately while all others would have to wait until payments cleared. At least then, the con artists who try to purchase gigs with fraudulent funds or insufficient funds wouldn’t make off with a finished product.

A random question…can fiverr accounts be funded in advance? Does the fiverr gift card allow you to do that? I only ask because I’ve looked for a way to do this before, but never found it. The only time I’ve ever had money on my fiverr balance was when I got refunded from a gig that didn’t work out. Perhaps if there was an easier way to “pre-fund” buyer accounts, this issue could be somewhat avoided?

Reply to @funny_video: Sorry that happened to you. I guess it’s good to know that from this point on I should expect not to receive payment for a certain percentage of gigs sold just so that I don’t get super angry and blow up at Customer Support (or clog up their ticket system) for no reason. Didn’t even know this was possible, so glad to see this thread and read up on the other one that @madmoo mentioned.

It would be nice if the system was set up so that payments have to completely clear BEFORE work begins (as in, the money has been deemed legit and Fiverr has it in hand before seller is required to start work). Then perhaps there could be a preferred method of funding an account (such as direct from a Paypal balance vs. echeck or credit debit card) so that those who use the preferred method could have their orders started fairly immediately while all others would have to wait until payments cleared. At least then, the con artists who try to purchase gigs with fraudulent funds or insufficient funds wouldn’t make off with a finished product.

A random question…can fiverr accounts be funded in advance? Does the fiverr gift card allow you to do that? I only ask because I’ve looked for a way to do this before, but never found it. The only time I’ve ever had money on my fiverr balance was when I got refunded from a gig that didn’t work out. Perhaps if there was an easier way to “pre-fund” buyer accounts, this issue could be somewhat avoided?

• 1 year later...

Reply to @venessa: Hello Venessa,

I am a seller as well and I have a really bad experience with people who are leaving unfair feedback for no reason. Additionally, I am responding to them with an official letter, saying that they have been reported to websites, such as ebuyersreviewed, badbuyerlist, fraudrecor*d and other similar. By doing that I want to make sure that other sellers will avoid those people.

I hope that this was helpful.

Good luck,

Archived