Tool to help verify images / detect scammer

burtabreu

To further explain, right click on image in Fiverr gig offer, select ‘View Image’, copy url and paste in TinEye. Then if TinEye finds other websites with same image you can do some detective work and verify if the offer being made was just someone copying a bunch of images from other artists. This is especially useful with New offers with no track record, but I also saw several gigs with $5 painting offers that seemed too good to be true - and found that the paintings in their gig were just grabbed from other online artists.

I can verify this tip! Back when the Prime Minster of Great Britain, David “pig lover” Cameron was undergoing the storm of controversy over whether he’d placed private parts of his anatomy into the mouth of a decapitated pigs head (RIP Babe), there were lots of great photoshops going on. I was able to use TinEye to be a crashing bore and tell everyone it was a photoshop.

There are more conventional uses for TinEye as outlined, of course. But you can use it for leisure, too–and it’s free!

Slight point to add to that: it will only show you similar/same images. You’ll need to decide for yourself whether you have an original piece as promised by the gig description. If it’s a cut n paste job, then you know for a fact to dance on to the next provider.

you can also use google image search tool for same. Just one question… what if images which are in our designers gigs are something what we created but, we also have them on our online portfolios, (like I have initially with what i started my gigs - on my DA acc, on my online portfolio, etc) …?

It requires research at times. For example I found new sellers with art pulled from more that one well known artist site i.e. their name was John from country A but the art is from well known artist Mary from country B and another is from Frank in country C. You should never jump to conclusions but I would check everyone especially 1)new accounts with no track record 2}new accounts promising 3D/full color painting at high level of skill for $5. Also I found an established user, using a copyrighted painting from someone’s web site, for an album cover background. Makes sense to check.

Yeah, you are right. Specially about new accounts promising 3D/full color painting blah blah…it is like hours and hours and hours of work, doubt anyone really does all that from begging to an end for a 5.
Now some images you can buy for commercial use like on stock and envato etc… As if you really need something. But then again you wouldn t do that for 5, coz those images in good res cost a fortune.

I do not use the same user name on my own professional websites (I have about 20 or so), plus some of my articles and stories appear on countless others. But, on those I use my real name. Fiverr would not let me post my real name , nor would they allow me to use contact info or links to any of my online stuff. I guess it must depend on who Fiverr likes if they allow them to use their real name or not.

Archived