Try My Fiverr Gig Promotion Experiment On Twitter

joe16

This week I started a promotional experiment on Twitter. So far I’ve got 47 clicks to my gigs, but no sales. However, I think it has potential & it’s easy to do.

Step 1: Brainstorm a bunch of ideas for specific groups, who have a hash tag, and could use your services.

Here are some that will always need all kinds of Fiverr gigs — copywriting, graphic design, SEO, video stuff, etc. —

#bloggers
#Shopify Store Owners
#ecommerce Store Owners
#vacationRental Owners
#AirBNB Hosts
#VRBO Owners
#Homeaway Owners
#tripadvisor Advertisers
#Bigcommerce Store Owners
#Amazon Sellers
#Affiliate Marketers
#freelancers
#freelancersu Members
#Realestate Agents
#RealEstatemarketing pros
You can also target people by place, like, #Florida #Tourism Biz Owners

I get lots of re-tweets & favorites. People that watch those hash tags mention my Tweet, and add me to related lists.

Step 2:

Make a Bitly account & create a custom link to shorten your Fiverr gig URL. Bitly gives you good click through data.

Step 3:

Write a Tweet with the hash tags geared toward your target audience, like #Hawaii #Tourism Biz Owners: Get my gig on #Fiverr

Step 4:

Spend a couple hours writing about 50 Tweets.

Step 5:

Copy & paste them into HootSuite or any auto-Tweeting service.

Step 6:

Pre-program the Tweets to go out in the future. Make sure you save the draft.

Step 7:

Reschedule some more. Add more Tweets as you think of them.

So far, I haven’t got any gigs from this, but it’s only been 5 days. I’ll keep adding and programming future Tweets. If I had bought 47 clicks on AdWords it could cost $47 easily.

1 problem I see is that Bitly records the clicks, but they don’t register in Fiverr’s analytics, so I hope it works. If anyone knows how Fiverr’s analytics works, please comment.

Once you have them all saved as drafts in Hootsuite, all you have to do is spend a few minutes every 3-4 days rescheduling them.

I think this has potential. Feel free to give it a try…

It’s not working man! You’ll not get significant sales, maybe none.

You’re close to find a secret about how to get more sales from Fiverr and important traffic with the help of tweets, but you have to do more experiments and also to invest more money into your experiments.

I’ll not tell you the secret because I did experiments for years to find it and I invested more than $500 only in Twitter (also, most Twitter’s gurus know the secret, but nobody is sharing it in public).

ps: my current stats of gigs & sales is poor due to Fiverr staff, who decided to ban my gigs from Fiverr searches 2 weeks ago (even I legally promoted music), so, if their ban will not expire in next weeks, then I’m going to sell my services exclusively out of Fiverr, like many other former Fiverr sellers.

ps2: I don’t know if it’s true, but among banned Fiverr sellers is a rumor: if you drive a huge amount of traffic (even if it’s from legit sources, like twitter, facebook, G+, etc), then your account & gigs becomes risky. I don’t know why!

I Agree with you “I don’t know if it’s true, but among banned Fiverr sellers is a rumor: if you drive a huge amount of traffic (even if it’s from legit sources, like twitter, facebook, G+, etc), then your account & gigs becomes risky. I don’t know why!”

Archived