Announcing Improvements to Custom Offers

kashmiah

Not to mention the other deeply patronizing “how to take time off (without annoying your clients”. What? Just do your damn work before the deadline and relax. Who needs their hands held! OK, I’m not in the target market for this but still…

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t like this new way at all. With the old method I was able to multiply my gigs depending on the clients work and select extras which gave the buyer a detailed break down of the charges. This new method does not allow it, which means more work having to explain everything in detail to the client. Please consider those changes, since having those options is important. Thank you!

I don’t care for this update, I’ve done multiple orders before that weren’t related to any gigs. It’s not really a “custom offer” if you’re just sending one of your existing gigs. A lot of people have very specific gigs, so what to do when we have /real/ custom work? It will be a pain to have to tell the buyer to just ignore the gig every time, especially with a 500 character limit.
I don’t see what was wrong with the old system, you could still link gigs if you wanted, or you could send custom offers. I dunno why you thought forcing us to send existing gigs was a good idea.
I’m not sure how everyone else feels about this, I just know it equals more work for me now and I hope you allow custom offers again.

I’ve had a couple of times where a buyer whoI have a long term relationship with has asked me to do work for which I don’t have a Gig, and never intend to. But, because we had established a relationship and I knew I could do the work, I said “Sure, why not?”. I was able to create a custom order that was not related to any Gig and that was fine. Not getting feedback on a specific Gig, for me, was no big deal, And I did get feedback which was linked back to my profile rather than a particular Gig. Good enough for me.

The idea of making the link optional is a good one. Otherwise, I guess I’ll just have to create a Gig called Custom Offer - None of the Above for this purpose.

Guest mandylions

This is not the kind of update that makes performing work for others easier. Especially when submitting offers under Buyer Requests. Ignoring the fact that Buyer Requests is filled with sellers offering services or spammers or people who want to pay $5 for an entire novel to be written in their name, the ease of making a custom offer in that area has decreased. The Buyer Requests are often so vague it’s impossible to know exactly what to submit as a charge, and in my experience a conversation is generally required to figure out exactly what a buyer needs.
The same is true in submitting offers to existing clients. The new form and format is unnecessarily complex, which seems to be a theme for updates on Fiverr. (The other theme being unnecessary updates.) The old method was less confusing and easier to make sense of. This will significantly impact the amount of time I spend seeking out work on Fiverr because the amount of frustration has increased exponentially. It’s almost not even worth the hassle.

You do realize that Fiverr ain’t listening, you gotta put your complaint in the feedback? Where it’s even more invisible as far as public accountability is!

Just remember folks, you can leave, but people will fill your place, so flouncing out makes not a spot of difference.

Please this is a horrible update? What was wrong with the old method? I was just trying to send someone a “custom order” and just found out it couldn’t be customised anymore as there is just one gig showing. And I wonder how this came about as the gig displayed is not even related to the buyer request.

Please whoever made this update should e considerate enough to give us options. You guys are forcing this down our throats. Those who say this is good don’t know how to write custom offers I believe.

Horrible update.

Archived