Announcing Improvements to Custom Offers

kashmiah

I don’t like it because there are services that I just offer on specific situations agreed with the buyer and even if it’s related to a kind of gig i already have there is more difficult to “custom” that order for my client! Instead of making modifications to custom orders, why not fix the expected delivery time for more than one gig order?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really dislike this feature update. I find it more difficult to submit a quote. Before I just selected gig extras based on the users requests. With the new update, I have to manually detail the charges for the buyer. I preferred the previous model and find this version tedious to use. Sometimes ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.’

Thanks for trying new things, but I’m not a fan.

• Chrissy

There was an option before to link one of your gigs to the custom offer. Why would you combine these two things? That’s not custom offer. Call it as You want, but put back the old custom offer system. There are some special requests that can’t be linked to any gig. And what’s the difference if I link my custom offer to my ‘business card design’ gig or ‘logo design’ gig if client wants something totally different? It’s just so stupid! Now I’ll have to edit my gigs to match any ‘custom’ offer ??? Is it doable? No, fiverr is going backwards. By the way, You can’t offer nor explain nothing in 500 or less characters. Buyers will stay blind when picking an offer.

Guest emily_seoguru

well all i know is that the new one is good as fiverr is doing so to improve their system and make it easier for us but at the same time the old one is still kinda cool

I note this was announced in a Fiverr email (“nice update, is working very good yes, perfect like old update and all updates love me please Fiverr I can only keep this rictus grin plastered to my face for so long”).

Note how the longer comments that put thought into the update generally dislike it, while the short comments might as well join the melted, rotten cucumber at the back of the fridge.This update, like most, has proven unpopular.

My 2p–why on earth allow me to tick gig extras if IT MAKES NO FUNCTIONAL DIFFERENCE? This is a half-assed addition simply because half of it doesn’t work. And the 50% smaller character limit! And the Google Docs feedback form here, because who’s going to read “is very good wonderful progress for my internal workings, thankings.”

Archived